I bit the bullet and bought a PS3...

GypsyKid

WiiChat Member
Apr 12, 2007
Alberta, Canada
So now I own a PS3. I have yet to hook it up although. I'm pretty excited. I got resistance and an NHL game. I never experienced on-line gaming and I'm pretty excited. I bought a bluetooth headset as well. I'm really hoping to have some fun with this.

good for you man, Resistance is an awesome game and the online is very satisfying. Here are some good game recommendations:

Motorstorm(racing)
The Darkness(very graphic shooter)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma(3rd person action adventure)

Well Im buying my PS3 when the price drops and also when some good games come out for it

minto said:
i would buy a ps3 but now it cost to much :( :scared:
They aren't really that expensive. You have a 360 right? The PS3 is cheaper in the end, MS is just better at marketing things so they sell everything separate to make it seem cheaper where the PS3 comes with most of the things.

• Xbox 360 Elite - $480
  • HD DVD Drive - $200
  • Play & Charge - $20
  • Wifi Adapter - $100
  • Xbox Live - $250 (assuming you own the console for five years)
    [*]Total - $1050

• PS3 - $500
  • HDMI - $5
    [*]Total - $505

Now, you probably wouldn't need all of those things, but that is how much it would be to get them equally equipped. The 360 setup like that would have a bigger HDD, though the PS3's can be changed easily.

Edit: I added in the Wifi.
Edit again: I changed the price of the PS3 since there is a price drop.

Last edited:
paintba||er said:

They aren't really that expensive. You have a 360 right? The PS3 is cheaper in the end, MS is just better at marketing things so they sell everything separate to make it seem cheaper where the PS3 comes with most of the things.

• Xbox 360 Elite - $480
  • HD DVD Drive - $200
  • Play & Charge - $20
  • Xbox Live - $250 (assuming you own the console for five years)
    [*]Total - $950

• PS3 - $600
  • HDMI - $5
    [*]Total - $605

Now, you probably wouldn't need all of those things, but that is how much it would be to get them equally equipped. The 360 setup like that would have a bigger HDD, though the PS3's can be changed easily.
thats not the point, sure its great value, but with the 360 hes still able to choose what he wants to buy. just cause its a greater value dosent mean people want it.

To each their own. On the plus side the 360 extended the warranty, I think Sony and Nintendo have followed. When you rewind back to last gen you got screwed over with system warranties. This becomes more and more of a factor as game consoles get more powerful.

MysticGohan said:
no there not... most are ports from the 360... sure it has some good game comming but thats not till end this year/2008

a multiplatform title does not = 360 port champ. It means that it was made for all systems.

The PS3 has a good selection of good games considering the number they have out. Including the fact that it upscales ps1 and ps2 games gives it a pretty big assortment of titles to play, considering ps2 games are still being released.
No the PS3 has a good selection of games, it could be better, so could the wii's.

paintba||er said:

• PS3 - $600
  • HDMI - $5
  • Total - $605

Equivalent UK price £300 ($2=£1)

Actual UK price £460 (60gb version)

Not a dig at the PS3, but if you look at the price difference between the US and UK you can see why sometimes UK gamers think it is expensive. Even the Wii is relatively cheaper in the US.

I think they make profit from us in the UK... Meh, I don't mind..

Does the 360 Elite have wireless built in by the way?

Back