I bit the bullet and bought a PS3...

INEED2WII said:
Racism? Is that what they're teaching you kids in school these days? Everything is racism? I make an opinion as to thinking $600 is alot for a gaming system and you think it racism I am implying in my thought process? Dude get a life, thats not going to work here. "US Americans" means Brian said that americans were complaining about the price. Well if "Us Americans" are so what. I bought a truck that cost me $36,000 bones. I pay almost 500 a month for. Most europeans wouldn't pay that much for a big gas guzzler that costs me 100 a week to fill up, I understand completely. It fits my lifestyle or as you would call a "hobby". What I was trying to convey here, that appeared to get lost,was that due to todays economic situations there are definately people who have absolutely no reason to get a PS3 at the price that it is listed, myself included. I own a wii and I dont even play that enough for it to be worth 250 + all the money i've sunk into it. BTW, where is "here" where apt cost 1000? You would agree that people spend way beyond their means, correct?
California. I agree with that.

From the sounds of it, its like someone complaining about tornado's when they live in tornado ally.

GamerCon said:
Just to let you know, thats ****ing cheap. Apartments here cost $1,000 minimum.

I have read your post, i used thinking. Then i saw your from Texas.

So by stating "Us Americans" and listing your, more than suitable living conditions, your saying $600 is to much. I will disagree. If you want something, its never expensive. I could tell you about a lot of people who have little to nothing but when they find something they like, they get it.

No your not speaking on behalf of other countries, but your making it sound like "Us Americans" have it so bad. I would have you rethink what you said and see that it does in fact imply some racism.

How is that racism? lol. Saying your own opinion about people. And for fact, id say at least have of America (Canada Included) cant afford a Ps3 and some even a Wii. And some can find much more entertaining (and healthy) things to do then sit and play video games all the time. Alot of people WOULD think 600$ is alot for something they wouldnt really use a ton if they arent lazy and are working/exercise/etc.

I think he has a good point about financial issues. Some of you might have some money stored away from events or other people sure. (And alot of you are probably wishing it and saying you do anyways just to fortify your position. :yesnod: ) But alot of America probably think quite similar.

Neways, im done. Girlfriend finished making supper so ill visit Wiichat for another fanboy/hatred/pwnerall comment out of the random someday. :p

sagema said:
You know the American health care system has the worst system out of any developed country on the planet. I credit Europe to a drastically better health system. Currently in the USA there are 6 million children with no health care at all. Factors like this harm high priced items. Unless you want to buy a PS3 instead of braces for your kid's teeth.

lol, i love your hippie views. No its not the worst on the planet. Its not very efficant, and its expensive sure, but its not the worst. Far from being the worst actually. What it really comes down to is taxes as well. We have one side of the government trying to tax the living daylights out of us, and on the other side we have a group wanting to cut taxes but are being blocked from doing so, in addition to spending more on beefing up the military and homeland security.

Hell did you know some crazy liberal set up a plan for tax payer money to pay for free housing for drunks? Yeah they give free housing for drunks and let them get wasted all they want. Or the other one where tax payer money is paying for abortions. Its BS. We are paying more for peoples irresponsibilities, and its messed up.

This doesnt prevent spending on higher priced items though, rather its just that the vocal group complaining feels its not right they have to spend a few hundred more dollars on a game console, when they are more than happy to go spend a ton more on a TV or a sports car. Its all about perspective. Most of the complainers are kids who havent even got a bank account, what else would you expect. "mommy would you buy me a PS3 for christmas?" MOM: "no, it would have to be under $400 for us to get it for you" Kid "nyaa but mooooommmm i want a PSTHREEEEEEEEEE" Kids always want what they cant have.

Well if you agree I guess we have no more to argue about. 1)I can't justify spending $600 for a gaming system. 2) I do not think that my tax dollars should go towards someone on wellfare or "little to nothing" and go out and by a Ps3 when they can't afford to buy groceries or a place to lay their head. I applaud your comments (except the racism crap, that was dumb) when you get older you'll see things different and things that seem important now wont matter. you get a rep!

INEED2WII said:
Racism? Is that what they're teaching you kids in school these days? Everything is racism? I make an opinion as to thinking $600 is alot for a gaming system and you think it racism I am implying in my thought process? Dude get a life, thats not going to work here. "US Americans" means Brian said that americans were complaining about the price. Well if "Us Americans" are so what. I bought a truck that cost me $36,000 bones. I pay almost 500 a month for. Most europeans wouldn't pay that much for a big gas guzzler that costs me 100 a week to fill up, I understand completely. It fits my lifestyle or as you would call a "hobby". What I was trying to convey here, that appeared to get lost,was that due to todays economic situations there are definately people who have absolutely no reason to get a PS3 at the price that it is listed, myself included. I own a wii and I dont even play that enough for it to be worth 250 + all the money i've sunk into it. BTW, where is "here" where apt cost 1000? You would agree that people spend way beyond their means, correct?

My dad just bought a brand new BMW X3, that annoys me that you say us europeans wouldnt buy a car like that, his jeep cost £29'000 which is around $58,000, before you start saying my dads rich and im spoilt, we live in an area of Scotland that is re-knowned for its neds(chavs), its not a great area but we have a nice house, my mom dad have spent their money re-doing it and they arent moving even though they have the money, they just rough casted the house also for £5k when he just bought that car so you shouldnt say us Europeans dont buy expensive stuff such as your probs Ram dodge or something, im from Uk so im still part of Europe. What im saying is us Brits and Europeans spend our money when we really want something depite the price, unlike Americans who would see the Ps3, be like ohh i really want that then go $499, no way! but me i saw the Ps3, thought wow that looks awsome, saw the price and thought not bad.

INEED2WII said:
Well if you agree I guess we have no more to argue about. 1)I can't justify spending $600 for a gaming system. 2) I do not think that my tax dollars should go towards someone on wellfare or "little to nothing" and go out and by a Ps3 when they can't afford to buy groceries or a place to lay their head. I applaud your comments (except the racism crap, that was dumb) when you get older you'll see things different and things that seem important now wont matter. you get a rep!
I am only justifying my opinion as to why I, me , an American will not buy a
ps3 due to price. It has absolutely nothing to do with what a euro spends their money on, Brian. MOST euro's wouldn't buy a big truck. FACT. (not all, MOST)

That's good to hear. You won't regret it. There's not a ton of great games out currently, but they're coming.

Once again it falls into the "hobby" catagory. I, like most, wouldnt spend thousands on model planes. People do and they love to fly them, its what they like and they wouldnt stop doing it cause its to pricey.

You dont feel games are worth much, but your just not into games. For some that only spend money on games rather than nice cars or trucks or planes, a one time $600 payment isnt bad. Im not into cars due to the fact you have to buy new parts every so often or just equip it with new gear to get it how you want and knowing this people will charge outragous prices.

Being able to afford it or not doesnt even come into play here. Its all on what you like. I think you spent to much on the truck, i dont feel automobiles are worth that much. So you see, its all about what you like and how much you like it.

the truck was a neccesity:I needed it to pull a boat, go to the beach (4x4) go camping, haul crap in the back, pick up women:wink:
PS3 is a want: I have a wii, no good titles yet, $600, no time to play it
I could go down to gamestop right now, whip out my visa, but last time I will say this I dont need it and I can't justify buying one now, especially at the price.

paintba||er said:

They aren't really that expensive. You have a 360 right? The PS3 is cheaper in the end, MS is just better at marketing things so they sell everything separate to make it seem cheaper where the PS3 comes with most of the things.

• Xbox 360 Elite - $480
  • HD DVD Drive - $200
  • Play & Charge - $20
  • Wifi Adapter - $100
  • Xbox Live - $250 (assuming you own the console for five years)
    [*]Total - $1050

• PS3 - $600
  • HDMI - $5
    [*]Total - $605

Now, you probably wouldn't need all of those things, but that is how much it would be to get them equally equipped. The 360 setup like that would have a bigger HDD, though the PS3's can be changed easily.

Edit: I added in the Wifi.

that is the absolute worst list for xbox 360...the only thing i can say i have is xbox live, and thats not even for 5 years yet...360 costs less.

So you wanted to go camping at the beach with a boat which make the truck a neccesity? Smells like a lot of wants, dont you think?

JCpackers05 said:
that is the absolute worst list for xbox 360...the only thing i can say i have is xbox live, and thats not even for 5 years yet...360 costs less.
What are you talking about? Worst list? That is just the stuff you would have to buy for the 360 to make it equal to the PS3 since the PS3 has all that stuff. The PS3 is a much greater value. And I'm not sure what you are saying about Live. "thats not even for 5 years yet" That makes no sense.

I didnt think WiFi was to great until i got my 360 in a different room then the router, now im pissed it doesnt have WiFi. Still got online with the PS3.

I'm really enjoying the PS3. I do like it better than my Wii. The games and the on-line experience is so much more captivating. If Wii had solid on-line experience with headsets it would be cool, but it just doesn't compare. I see that now. The motion controls of the Wii just aren't quite enough to make it a more enjoyable system. It just seems like Nintendo didn't do as good as they should have. I don't know how I'm going to go back to the Wii now for any serious length of time.

The Wii isnt a serious console, its just a pick up put down kind. But for me with the PSN games like Super Stardust HD, Blast Factor, and soon to come Pain, I wont have a need to play the Wii for even a quick fix.

And im glad your enjoying the PS3. Look at some good PS1/2 titles, lots of variaty there.

Back