I bit the bullet and bought a PS3...

GamerCon said:
The Wii isnt a serious console, its just a pick up put down kind. But for me with the PSN games like Super Stardust HD, Blast Factor, and soon to come Pain, I wont have a need to play the Wii for even a quick fix.

And im glad your enjoying the PS3. Look at some good PS1/2 titles, lots of variaty there.

You make me mad at truth.......
your sig stinks j/k buddy

naw youll go back when good games come out for wii to trust me

i have a wii and i dont play it 2 and i am currently getting money for a ps3

but i know in the near future games will come out for wii that are excellent

wii isnt a powerfull console but it can do way more then you think

nintendo just has to get their act straight and make a good FPS or other genre game

*i say FPS cause i thing it will go great with wii i mean look at metroid prime*

------------------

and close why am i not in your sig

Last edited:
GamerCon said:
Just to let you know, thats ****ing cheap. Apartments here cost $1,000 minimum.

I have read your post, i used thinking. Then i saw your from Texas.

So by stating "Us Americans" and listing your, more than suitable living conditions, your saying $600 is to much. I will disagree. If you want something, its never expensive. I could tell you about a lot of people who have little to nothing but when they find something they like, they get it.

No your not speaking on behalf of other countries, but your making it sound like "Us Americans" have it so bad. I would have you rethink what you said and see that it does in fact imply some racism.

omfg. "when they find something they want, they buy it"

i want a f***sports car, but that doesnt mean i'm going to shell out $30000 for one. if everyone abided by your philosophy, everyone on this planet would be bankrupt and homeless.

you need to think before you say anything from now on.

XwiimasturX said:

i want a f***sports car, but that doesnt mean i'm going to shell out $30000 for one. if everyone abided by your philosophy, everyone on this planet would be bankrupt and homeless.

Yes, but the PS3 isn't $30,000. It is only $600 which is hardly anything. If you can't afford that then you should probably try getting a job instead of playing games.

XwiimasturX said:

You should listen to your own advise.

First off, if you really want a $30,000 sports car, thats not to bad of a price, you would save money for it. If i want a game, i save money. If i want a house, i save money, If i want a sports car, i save money. You dont want it that badly if you wont put some money aside for it.

When did i even say "If people want something, they will buy it on the spot"? I said if someone wants to fly model planes, they will do just that. Its a lot more expensive but they will save up money to get the parts.

I'd like to say you are the most delusional rich kid I've ever seen Shift. But the reality is there are plenty of idiots like you who have no clue what money means to the average consumer, the average human being. Over half the human race is in poverty and you're saying this crap. I should expect nothing less from someone like you, but it's still offending to see a rich kid spit on the poor.

sagema said:
I'd like to say you are the most delusional rich kid I've ever seen Shift. But the reality is there are plenty of idiots like you who have no clue what money means to the average consumer, the average human being. Over half the human race is in poverty and you're saying this crap. I should expect nothing less from someone like you, but it's still offending to see a rich kid spit on the poor.
How do you think grandparents feel? Candy use to be a nickel to them, now its a dollar. Thats just the way life works, prices go up, its called inflation.

If we go off the average consumer, $600 isnt much. If we go to the average homeless shelters, $6 is a lot.

GamerCon said:
So you wanted to go camping at the beach with a boat which make the truck a neccesity? Smells like a lot of wants, dont you think?
Please gamercon, you had potential now you sound like the kid who once implied "racism" you dont combine everything I said into one sentence ex. camping at the beach while pulling your boat, Thats not the case. We drop the boat out back of the beach house get it right:lol: Seriously though, get a clue about real life, stick it in your pocket, keep it there, an learn something.

Well then lets do this forward. You wanted a truck to pull the boat you wanted, then you wanted to go to the beach and go camping. Make more sense?

I only implied you were sounding a bit racist. Like people in Europe dont have to deal with the same things you do.

GamerCon said:
Well then lets do this forward. You wanted a truck to pull the boat you wanted, then you wanted to go to the beach and go camping. Make more sense?

I only implied you were sounding a bit racist. Like people in Europe dont have to deal with the same things you do.
Seriously, don't start with the racism crap. Because people are in europe, racism doesn't apply unless you call out a specific type of ethnicity towards creed and color of skin. WHAT ARE THEY TEACHING YA'LL ABOUT RACISM IN SCHOOL BRO? Our country wasn't founded on your liberal jargon, where racism applies to anything you dissagree with. Come on, I know you can think alot more critically than that. Your really not helping yourself in this debate, you HAVE also agreed with my point of view. Check out Ron Paul on youtube, the only man right for the white house. PM me with your take, i'm interested---------a

yeah, i assume from what i've seen everything usually costs around the same as it would in dollars over here.

so if a 360 is $279

it will usually be about £279

which, in theory means we're paying more if you convert it, but when you convert it back to dollars the us manufacturer makes the same on that hardware, so it's easy to understand why this would happen if that's the case.

sagema said:

considering i grew up dirt poor, and my single mother had to work two jobs just to pay the rent and put top ramen on our table every night... I think I have every right and the knowledge to know how reality works sagema.

Life changed for me when I had the option to get a job and change all that. Now my mother is married, they have a boat and a nice 3 story house on the beach.. guess what, they dont give me anything. Why? Because, by myself I have made a good living, and $599 is not a lot of money. Considering when people can pay over $800 a month on health insurance here, and buy 2,000 computers and TVs on a daily basis... no I know that $599 (soon to be $499) is not expensive. It might be more than a group of gamers want to pay, but in the big picture, in reality, its not expensive. I dont know how you cant see this. Not everyone is entitled to own something just because it exists you know.

Its like comparing a candy bar to health bar. They look the same, one is 75cents, the other is $2. One is much better for you than the other, but you get what you pay for, and some people freak out over a $2 piece of chocolate. Is it then too expensive or is it that the person just is a little out of touch with reality. It comes down to perspective and some people, like you sagema, have a pretty messed up perspective.

Last edited:
Most americans appear to be living a great life, but in reality are very broke. I come across people every single day who drive nice cars, live in expensive homes, and own every single gadget they get their hands on. The sad part is they buy most of their crap with borrowed money. Imo you should never buy anything with borrowed money. If you cant pay cash for it, then you shouldnt buy it. Well unless you are buying a home, but you should put at least a 10% downpayment. Credit cards, auto loans, and student loans are for suckers. Did you know the average american saves -2% a year, while the average japanese family save 15% of their money? There should be classes in school to teach kids about money. Instead parents let their 18 year old kid get a credit card, or even co-sign on one when they are 16. America is very sad when its comes to finances.

We could argue all day if the PlayStation 3 is expensive or not. To some people it is, to others, it's not. While I didn't like paying $600 for the system, I did it and I've enjoyed the system thus far.

The thing that makes me mad is when people say that the 360 is better because it's cheaper. First of all, that's not a great way at judging if a system is better just because of it's price. And second of all, as others have said, the 360 has a bunch of accessories that most will need that make it more expensive than the PlayStation 3.

In order to play HD-DVDs, you need to spend $200, and it's not even built into the system like the blu-ray player is on the PlayStation 3.

Then, online. While there's not denying that Xbox Live is a better online experience than the PS3, at least the PS3's is free. With PS3 Home coming soon, hopefully PS3 Online will be improved.

The PS3 also has built in WiFi, so that saves you some money. To get the online adaptor for the Xbox 360, you have to spend $100.

The only thing that the 360's got over the PS3 in terms of accessories is that it comes with component cables. Then again, it only costs $20 bucks to buy them for the PlayStation 3, so it's not as big of a deal.

Adding all of this together, the Xbox 360 costs more. End of story.

man W/E im buying a ps3 in like 2 weeks

oh and ps3 is cheaper then a 360

because ps3 has all this stuff in it like HD free online etc

while for 360 you dont get that much from it
you have to buy a HD player buy online etc.

so if you get half the thing that are on a ps3 the 360 will be more expensive
and THATS JUST HALF

Back