I cannot connect to the internet.

Vail

WiiChat Member
May 29, 2007
Okay, I don't really know what I am doing wrong, so lets see if you all can help P:

Okay, so I got my wifi, hooked into my computer and I downloaded the softwear and all that. And a box pops up and it says;

Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector Registration Tool.

And then nothing, here is a screenshot of it.
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b278/_Damian_/wi-fi.jpg?t=1202847470

And so, when I try to connect to the internet using my wii it does not work. It says something about a user agreement or whatever, but I can't find it.

If someone knows what to do and can give me step by step instructions, that would be awesome.

Thanks,

Vail.

You've reached the annoying part - leave the registration window open on the computer, then go and tell your Wii to connect using a Nintendo Wifi Connector, then run to wherever your PC is. The Wii should show up in the white box, so right-click on it and tell the program to allow it to access the connector.

Well, I've never used the USB connector, but I know some things about it.

Make sure your Wii console has a console nickname. If it doesn't go to Wii Settings under Wii options and choose Console Nickname, and give your console a nickname.

First, insure your Wi-Fi USB Connector is in your computer (I'm sure you do have it in by the moment). Go to your Wii Settings in the Wii Options Menu on your Wii Console. Select Internet, Connection Settings, Connection 1, Wireless Connection, Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector. When the screen says something about installing it on your computer, choose next and it should say "Use the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector registration tool on your PC to grant this Wii permission to connect."

Go over to your computer and hopefully there should be a Wii Console on the registration tool menu. Grant access to your Wii Console (the name should be your console nickname).

Go back to your Wii and it should now say "Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector setup is complete." Press next and it will test the connection. If it doesn't work, I don't know what t tell ya. Plan B is to call Nintendo if it doesn't work at all.

And you said something about User Agreements? Just agree to the User Agreements, and you will be able to use Wii Network Services! Just go to WiiConnect24 on the Settings menu.

Hope this helps, and sorry for the lengthy post.

Edit: Darn, Neepo beat me. Lol.

Last edited:
I got it to the point where I gave it permission. But on my wii it does not give the "next" option like it should, only cancel.

Last edited:
Horah I got it! I had to put my tower on my bed. Looks like I will have to rearange my room later on lol.

How do you know what your friend code is? And how do you add friends. After it is done updating I need to try this out on Guitar hero III

The Wii and Guitar Hero 3 have different code systems. To find your Wii Code, go to your Wii Message Board, then click on the picture on the bottom left corner that looks like a pen and piece of paper, then chose Address Book and it shows your code number.

To add friends on the Wii, you both must register each other and wait a few minutes. After you add someone, you should PM them saying you added them so they can add you back. When you add someone, no friend notification is sent to their Wii Message Board. You both must agree to register each other first.

On Guitar Hero 3, you have to go to Show Friend Roster in the Nintendo WFC section. It shows your code at the top of the page. Your Guitar Hero 3 friend code will be different from your Wii console code.

Adding friends fo Guitar Hero 3? Never tried that... I don't have any Guitar Hero 3 friends :(.

So how do I play someone online on Guitar hero?

Games available:
Battle - Attack your opponent and try to get his rock meter all the way drained.
Face-Off: Both of you choose your own difficulty and you share chunks of notes. Biggest score wins.
Pro Face-Off: You choose 1 difficulty that both of you stand by and you get the same exact notes (all the notes). Biggest score wins.
Co-Op: Choose Guitar or Bass (or Lead or Rhythm) and you get to play together and try not to fail.

To play against a Guitar Hero 3 friend, add someone to your roster.

To play against a stranger online, you have 2 options: create your own match or play against someone else's match that was already created.

Creating a match... You go to create a match and select Friend, Ranked, or Unranked (I don't know what ranked and unranked means). Choose your game, stage, character, guitar, all that. Then you need to wait for someone to come. Don't worry, it only takes about a minute for someone to come.

Joining a stranger's match... Go to Stranger's Match, then fill in the rules you want to use to compete with and it will search for any matching games. If there are no matching games available, you may have to revise your search or create your own match.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

Last edited:
sremick said:
An aside: Are the new shipping GH3 discs the stereo ones yet?

Hmm. Well I google searched, but I all I found is... no. Couldn't find much info.

Last edited:
Back