I dont know what to do!

Mr.Herron

Do work
Nov 19, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
Wii Online Code
7639-4013-3402-7457
Ok, so i've been working on getting my wii back online all day and no luck till about an hour ago. I got past the connection test and it showed the update screen. I accidentally hit the ok to install the update and nothing is happening. I need to shut off the wii, but i dont know what damage this could cause. What should i do?

Go ahead and shut it down. It shouldn't cause any problems. It's probably just locked up, so shutting it down and restarting it is the best thing to do. Rough luck.:(

I let it go while i messed around with some of my routers setting and it ended up giving me an error code, so at least i dont have to worry about shutting it down while it was doing the update.

So here is my problem. My wii recognizes and see's my router with no problem. However when i go to connect to it, nothing goes through. I get error codes. I messed around with my router, making it secured, followed what the support page told me, but i've noticed as of friday afternoon, my desktop pc and my g4 laptop are both getting very low connections from the router as well. I understand that there are two fire-proofed walls, and 20 feet between the desktop and the router itself but its worked perfect for over 4 years. Or i guess its possible that router is just no good anymore.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what a good router would be? I currently have the Netgear Wg614 v4 i believe is the model number. How well do linksys routers work with the wii? and does it work straight out of the box or are there some changes i'll have to make?

Weird.:wtf: And I just looked on nintendo's wifi router compatibility page, which can be viewed here, and that router you have is recommended. Don't know what to tell you. Next time you get an error code, go here and it should tell you the problem.

Hope that helps.

Back