I know some of these games are good...

fatalorgasm92

Nintendo,Gaming 24/7
May 6, 2007
Big Pine Key, FL
Wii Online Code
3157-7038-9234-4590
Ok so I found my account and decided to come checkout the website since i started playing my wii again.
I know the Wii is well known for nothing but shovelware and thee only being a few games but i want to prove otherwise.The Faqs got me nowhere, all the usual recomendations like mario galaxy and zelda I was well aware of. And to go out on a limb means naming No more heroes or Mario strikers.
I wanted to know if anyone here has had the balls to go and play games that are automatically considered crap.
There is no rental store here so its not an option but i want to know about the 3rd party games.
There are many games I like that were reviewed terribly and the fact is a number rating system is bad, instead the review should address how fun the game is for someone who likes that type of game. For example, I think pokemon snap is pretty cool, I like simpsons boxing on PSone, i love starfox assault ,and even pokemon puzzle league. They're are average and cruddy games on all consoles they I have really enjoyed.
I dont know alotta games being released but has anyone played games like Mushroom men and Mysims ( category of being considered normal cruddy wii games) And liked them??
Are there any "shovelware" type games that you guys have liked.
I know theres tons of threads hear asking about what games someone should get but they all have the same answers.
I have MOH2, Metal slug anthology, Sonic and the secret rings, Mario galaxy, Twilight princess, Fire emblem, Brawl,Mario kart,and cruisin. I have played through super paper mario, Metroid prime 3, NFS carbon , TH downhill jam, excite truck, and a few others
Atm I plan on getting Madworld and Zack and wiki and maybe animal crossing. Does anyone have games That havent been recomended 10 thousand times and most people havent even played that they like? I love the wii its just I cant find games for it. Btw I will try but im not too into the party stuff like raving rabbids, althought ive heard good things about it.

I loved MySims (both versions, 2nd one was better) as well as Sims 2 Castaway on the Wii. Other 3rd party games that I love...Boom Blox, de Blob, HotD Overkill, Samba de Amigo, Shaun White Snowboarding, We Cheer, Thrillville...some are better than others, but they all have their good points IMHO. Boom Blox and de Blob have more good points than Thrillville and We Cheer, but I have had fun playing all of them.

Since you don't live near a rental place, how about Gamefly.com? Or I hear Blockbuster has added a decent online game rental service as well...

I loved MySims (both versions, 2nd one was better) as well as Sims 2 Castaway on the Wii. Other 3rd party games that I love...Boom Blox, de Blob, HotD Overkill, Samba de Amigo, Shaun White Snowboarding, We Cheer, Thrillville...some are better than others, but they all have their good points IMHO. Boom Blox and de Blob have more good points than Thrillville and We Cheer, but I have had fun playing all of them.

Since you don't live near a rental place, how about Gamefly.com? Or I hear Blockbuster has added a decent online game rental service as well...

Well there is a blockbuster about 45 minutes from here but i really dont like them. I might start using it again but i stopped a few years ago because I had the Wario game for GC rented and a hurricane was coming. Because of the hurricane they closed up for a week. I Couldnt turn the game in so i got a late fee.
Im thinking about gamefly but not sure yet.Does mysims have the same gameplay as regular sims or is it totally different?

MySims is very different than Sims 2 gameplay. The characters look more like kids, and they give you simple building tasks to complete in order to open up more activities. You can take as long as you like and you don't HAVE to do anything, but if you don't do the tasks there isn't a lot else to do. MySims Kingdom was much deeper and had a lot more interesting/fun tasks, plus a ton more variety as far as locations. It looks like a kid's game but I thought the puzzles were fun (and some of them would be too hard for a kid). If you are considering trying one, MySims Kingdom is definitely the one to try.

Sims 2 Castaway was a lot more like regular Sims 2 gameplay, with some things to discover and do that will remind you a lot of the TV show Lost (if you watch it). It's hard to find now, totally wish I hadn't sold my copy.

Gamefly is a little pricey, but provides a decent service. I spent less money renting from them than I would have on crappy games if I hadn't had a membership. I also was able to use the "keep it" option to buy used games MUCH cheaper than I could have at Gamestop. That said, I cancelled the membership a long time ago because I pretty much know what I like now and don't find myself wasting money on garbage like I did when I first got the Wii.

Well there is a blockbuster about 45 minutes from here but i really dont like them. I might start using it again but i stopped a few years ago because I had the Wario game for GC rented and a hurricane was coming. Because of the hurricane they closed up for a week. I Couldnt turn the game in so i got a late fee.
Im thinking about gamefly but not sure yet.Does mysims have the same gameplay as regular sims or is it totally different?

I walked into blockbuster the other night and you wouldn't believe the sales they had going on. They had 1st party Nintendo games for 19.99 NEW!! I saw Wario Land, Sonic and Mario at the Olympics, De Blob, House of the Dead 2 3, We Cheer, All for 19.99 and under!! A great way to experience any game without the risk of spending too much money.
I had heard Mario Baseball Wii wasn't too great but I've always wanted to play it. So I went ahead and bought it for 19.99. I went home AND BOY did I have a blast!!! So much that my arms were sore the next morning(and still are).

You might wanna call and see if your Blockbuster has the same sale going on.

....(logs off to go play mario basebal...)...

Williams Pinball Hall of Fame is *excellent*. Best pinball sim I've played anywhere. (And I know real pinball machines.) It's based on real games (10-11 of them?), and the controls are very natural. Triggers on the wiimote/nunchuk activate the flippers, and you physically move either/both hands forward to nudge the machine. Each machine has 2 sets of achievements to unlock things, and a visual tutorial that walks you through the various targets and scoring modes--a most EXCELLENT feature. Some of the bonus features are really cool, like the mirror mode that switches a game left/right, which is really weird when you're playing a game you're familiar with.

MLB POWER PROS 2008
that game is freaking awesome.
no one ever recommends it and its a beast of a video game.
so many modes and different things to do. obviously its a baseball game but you dont have to like baseball to enjoy it. i hate baseball. but i love it.
i think you have to like sports to enjoy it though.
try it out.
its worth it :yesnod:

I'll list non-nintendo items in my list of games I own
-Nights: Journey of Dreams
-Resident Evil 4
-No More Heroes
-Okami
-House of the Dead Overkill
-House of the Dead 2 & 3 return
-Ghost Squad
-Bully: Scholarship Edition
-Trauma Center: Second Opinion
-Super MonkeyBall Banana Blitz
-Mercury Meltdown Revolution
-World of Goo(Wiiware)
-Megaman 9(Wiiware)
-Lost Winds (Wiiware)
-Bomberman Blast (Wiiware)

The best 3rd party games that I can think of are Madworld, Zack & Wiki, Okami, Bully, The Godfather, Scarface, Trauma Center, De Blob, Rune Factory, Tenchu, COD:WAW, HOD: Overkill, Shaun White Snowboarding, Boom Blox, Star Wars Force Unleashed, Skate It, MLB Power Pros, PES2009. You should research into them more to see if their style suits you but they are all good examples of their respective genres, some (such as the excellent Okami) can be found quite cheap too.

There are no good shovelware games, that's why they are called shovelware.

Last edited:
I'll list non-nintendo items in my list of games I own
-Nights: Journey of Dreams
-Resident Evil 4
-No More Heroes
-Okami
-House of the Dead Overkill
-House of the Dead 2 & 3 return
-Ghost Squad
-Bully: Scholarship Edition
-Trauma Center: Second Opinion
-Super MonkeyBall Banana Blitz
-Mercury Meltdown Revolution
-World of Goo(Wiiware)
-Megaman 9(Wiiware)
-Lost Winds (Wiiware)
-Bomberman Blast (Wiiware)

I wanna try nights and i know have two recomendations for ghost squad. I didn't wanna buy the HOTD games because they were on-rails and it seemed like I would beat the game in an hour and itd be over. I have bully for my 360 and it sucks, its really buggy and not that fun. Super monkey ball is REALLY fun. Me and a friend rented it and played through it all night one time ( It looks like its marketed towards kids but it gets RLY hard at the end)
Okami and RE4 I already have so i dont wana spend money on them (especially after having played twilight on GC and THEN wii and the wii one was alot worse imo)
Ill check out some of those though it seems like a good list.

I wanna try nights and i know have two recomendations for ghost squad. I didn't wanna buy the HOTD games because they were on-rails and it seemed like I would beat the game in an hour and itd be over. I have bully for my 360 and it sucks, its really buggy and not that fun.

Ghost Squad is on rails too and shorter than HOTD I think.

Bully is one of the games that is better on the Wii than the 360 because it isn't buggy and has better 'mini games'.

Back