I. Must. Rant. [Long]

Trulen

Isn't here as much
Oct 28, 2006
Wii Online Code
1234-1234-1234-1234
K. A little background.

I've been in acting since my freshman year in high school.

Freshman year, I was in no musicals. Most weren't.

Sophomore year. Acting teacher knew me a little more. I was basically an extra for most of the musicals.

Junior year. More musicals. I got one singing sentence. And one talking line. The entire year.

Senior year. Now we know each other.
First musical thing. I sang my best audition (though I was an average singer at best. My best point is acting. I'm an excellent actor.). Didn't get a part.
I let it slide.

Jekyll and Hyde auditions. I did the most emotion-filled singing audition. I didn't sing well, though.

I got -the- most useless part. I laid on a table. Motionless.

I let it slide. A comedy was coming up.

My sophmore English teacher decides to direct "Our Town"
I auditon.
I get three meaty parts that could mount up to a mix between minor and major character.
I have pages of lines.
It takes another director for me to get anything.

Then I audition for the comedy.

Then before Xmas, there was a choir concert. I was in it.
I'm in the intermediate choir. I was in it last year, also. Tried out for the better choir. Didn't cut the cake because the person playing the piano for my song played it too slow. So my choir got done, and the big choir was performing.

My sister wanted to stay and watch. I needed to go to Wal-Mart. I told her to stay and tell my parents that I was gone.
I didn't trust her to find them, so I went to search for them. I couldn't find them.

So I began to leave, and I run into my parents. I ask them if they've seen my sister.
No.

So I've gotta to find her.

I begin to walk around while the big choir is performing to find her.
Can't find her.
And I'm getting in the way of people's camera walking around

So I make a dash, and take a seat in the auditorium. Look around.
Dash to another seat. Rinse repeat.

I find her.

She's sitting with a friend in the middle of the second row.

I make a dash to her and tell her we need to go.

I begin to leave the auditorium when my acting teacher (Choral director's husband) begins walking toward me. Angry. The principle (Acting teacher's brother) is also there.

Great.

Acting teacher chews me the heck out. I leave.

Next morning, I'm sitting in choir while the choir teacher is talking to some company.

Acting teacher comes in.
Looking for something.
Sees me.
Walks toward me.
Points at me.

Says, "Dr. Carpenter (principal) wants to speak with you. Bring your books," in a still angry tone.

I walk to the office.

I walk in, and he tells me to sit down.
He opens with the "I was embarrassed." thing you always hear.

Then he tells me that I don't make sense. He looked at my grades. 4.0 GPA.
Normally morons do what I did.

I then tell him the reason I did what I did.

We were very calm. Mature. Grown up, even.

I leave, no punishment at all.

I go back to choir, and wait for the choir teacher to get done with company so I can face my doom.

Bells rings and I wait on her. I want to apologize (even though I didn't need to).
She's still talking to company.

Acting teacher walks by. Stares me in the face with a disgusting look.

Choir teacher finally notices me. She asks me what class I should be in right now. I tell her, and then she tells me that I should go there.
I tell her, "Well, I think I owe you an apology." She says, "I think we need to talk about this after the holidays."

I leave. Enranged.
They're mad and don't want to accept my apology. Blast it all.

So Xmas holidays. 2 weeks.

I didn't make the cut for the Comedy cast list. But that's okay. It wasn't that funny, and I'd have much more free time.

Come back, and I don't make any contact with either teacher at all except for my audition for Beauty and the Beast.

Now, I wanted to be Maurice (Belle's dad). Nobody else really wanted it. In fact, everybody believed that I'd be a good Maurice.
I sung the song. Thing is, it wasn't the song I originally intended to sing because the song I wanted was a duet, and we couldn't do duet. So I sang a little off tempo. But I read (we read from scripts as the acitng portion of hte audition. ) excellent.

Well, cast list was delayed an entire week.

Was going to be posted a little afterwards tonight after the freshmen performed their thing.
I had a friend goin there, so I had him look at the cast list for me. I went to a party.

Well, friend walks in at the party, and says hi. doesn't mention the cast list at all.
So, after a little, I'm like "SO. Cast list?"

He says, "You're going to hate me, but I got Maurice."
I think he's joking.
He's not.

I think "Hey, the cast is probably double-casted (when two people play the same character)!"

Another guy was double casted for it.

Thing is, neither of them wanted Maurice.

I've had person after person tell me I'd be a good Maurice.

And I'm not Maurice.

I am -beyond- mad.

I see no single possible reason why I shoudln't be Maurice.

So I'm wondering if I can convice my friend, and my other friend who got Maurice to tell my acting teacher that they don't want to do it.
They've both had major roles in plays before. Heck, my friend who told me today is currently in the comedy that I wasn't in.

Blast it.
Blast it.
Blast it.

K. I've seen the cast list for myself today.

I was only mad yesterday.

But now I'm also insulted.

I'm an extra.
With no lines.

This means:
The past four years of me being in acting has amounted to nothing.
The past two and a half years I've been in choir has amounted to nothing.

Blast it all.
I quit this man.

Thanks if you read all this.

Wow, that's a lot to read. But, that really does suck. I mean, that's like going to school and trying your hardest, getting good grades and all of that... and then not being accepted into a college.

So, did you quit completely?

Trulen that really sucks,i know people that have gone thru that,wanting a big role and getting the one lined janitor in the backround(plus theyre good at acting and such)
You should ask for a recommendation to an acting school if youre that good at acting

*e-hug*

Hugs help in any situation =]

How about asking your parents to speak to your teacher?

@nic7 : I actually can't quit because of scheduling.
But quitting would be too easy. I'm the gentlest person alive, but this man has crossed me.

@Kira: I don't plan to go to an acting school. A job in acting is unreliable income.

@Rach: My parents despise the two as it is. Things could only get worse if they speak to them.

@Jake: I detest mediocrisy. I always like to give it my all.

wow, what bull ****. you should tell your principal she touched you... lol

honestly, just **** high school acting. take some classes and try out for independent plays, im not sure how all that stuff works but i think it can be done.

Ouch, that's...tough. Very. That's a load of bullocks that those teachers would do that to you. If you think/know that this happened because of the grudges your teachers are holding, why not have the principal talk to him?

Thanks guys. The fact that you guys are even looking at this rant means a lot to me.

You guys replying is just an extreme amount of icing on the cake.

@Senses: I'm tempted to try out for a play. This "Family Playhouse" does plays every now and then. I'm tempted to try out to see if I get a part.

@SSBB: That could be a mixed bag if I get the principal. He's the acting teacher's brother.

Trulen said:
Thanks guys. The fact that you guys are even looking at this rant means a lot to me.
You know we care about you. :wink:
Trulen said:
@SSBB: That could be a mixed bag if I get the principal. He's the acting teacher's brother.
X:

Scratch that. I guess this is simply a sticky situation no matter which way you look at it.

it wasn't for NOTHING if you really think about it, you have improved your acting skills, had tons of fun, and had great expierences. Don't be a quitter.

wow, love it as you might maybe acting isn't what you're meant to do in life, at least it gave you something to do though for the past 4 years.

If she is the princibles brother, and your parents already hate the teacher...ur in an extremly sticky situation that you must plan out first.
Since you are still gonna be in this class for a little while longer dont get on the teachers bad side or she will torture you all the way till the end.

Back