I played the Wii today!

Jenova

Final Distance
Oct 1, 2006
New York
Wii Online Code
8507-9443-5099-4224
Called my local gamestop, and he said they have a playable Wii. So naturally, I ran down there as soon as I could. (with my mom and sister)

So when I get there, the Wii is sitting there, in all it's glowing blue gloriousness...ness... My mom gave the gamestop guy her liscense in exchange for a Wii-mote, they gave it to me, and it was a beautifull moment. I held it in my hand, and it felt so good, the best controller that I held in my life.

So anyway, I ran back over to the Wii, pointed it at the menu, and it was AMAZING. The on-screen cursor matched every movement I made, and when you scrolled over buttons they grew larger, and when you clicked them, they made a wonderfull "clicky noise." ^_^ So I went into the settings, played around with stuff. Then went to make a Mii. You can choose if you want to make a boy or a girl. Also you can change their height, weight, and pretty much everything. There are alot of head shape variations, and everything has so many varations. You can change the color of everything, I think there were like 8 differnt colors or so. And finally, you name your Mii.

After that, I waisted no time on playing excite truck. (The only game that was available... I wish I could've played Wii Sports..., but it was still awesome.) So I click the Excite Truck icon, and it immediately starts playing Excite Truck. And I mean IMMEDIATLEY. I turned the Wii-mote on it's side, and when through the menu. (the 2 button takes place of A, as in confirm and stuff. the 1 button takes place of B, as in deny.)

The game went to a truck selection screen. Most of them were color varations, but that is understandable with no save data on it. So I pick an electric blue truck. It starts the race IMMEDIATLEY. All the trucks are in a line, side my side, and rolling foward as it's counting down. You hold the 2 button to go, which didn't give me that much of a problem as the other person who reviewed excite truck. As he said, you get stars for doing certain things. If you crash, you get 1 star. If you ram into another truck, you get 5 stars. If you go through a forest and don't crash, you continiously get 5 stars. Also getting big air on a ramp earns you stars. You need like 150 - 180 stars on the first race, I think. There are 2 laps, but they are pretty long. The wii-mote was very precise on the movements I made, and it also worked perfectly fine when my mom and sister tried it. (but they were pretty bad...)

Afterwards, I went back to the menu. And guess what? There was a message waiting for me. I clicked on it, and it showed the amount of time I played Excite truck, and the time and date I did. It also displayed the times that other people played it. Glad to know that actually works. :D

Well, that's it. I'll upload the 3 pictures I took later.

sounds freakin awsome!!!!!! u r so lucky!!!!!!!!!!! Its so good to hear when ppl play the wii and write there actual experiences and how they liked it. Online you cant say weather the ppl on nintendo.com from the wii experiences r random ppl but when on this forum ppl will say the truth and so far, its been great!

I'm calling my Gamestop tomorrow and seeing if they have one.
It's gonna be so great if they do. I'll have to basically drag my parents to come play it with me, but I know they will. :D I'm pretty sure that they will have a Wii there.

Good post, I actually felt your excitement there.LOL cant wait,Id go to gamespot, but I hate the people that work there. I would kill them if I could. Too snobby, and opinionated

daddyfatsackz said:
Good post, I actually felt your excitement there.LOL cant wait,Id go to gamespot, but I hate the people that work there. I would kill them if I could. Too snobby, and opinionated
Actually, I slightly agree there. Once I was getting Kingdom Hearts II and I was looking around at the used games, seeing if they had one. Then I finally went to the desk and asked if they had them in stock. He said, "Why didn't you just come up here and ask in the first place!" He wasn't joking around either. But overall, I've had pretty nice experiences there.

Wiitime said:
sounds freakin awsome!!!!!! u r so lucky!!!!!!!!!!! Its so good to hear when ppl play the wii and write there actual experiences and how they liked it. Online you cant say weather the ppl on nintendo.com from the wii experiences r random ppl but when on this forum ppl will say the truth and so far, its been great!

Glad you liked it. :D

I went down to my local gamestop yesterday. They had the kiosk all set up with the console in the middle. It looked sweet, except for some cheap sheet of packing foam wrapped around it (with a dead bug stuck in it, no less), but NO CONTROLLERS! I bugged the sales guy, who said the local rep was going to drop them off at all the stores in and around Salt Lake City later that day. Anyway, I asked him how he keeps people from stealing the controllers. There are no tethers (eat that! whomever!) because tying a cable to the controller will totally screw up it's sensitivity. You have to drop down your Driver's License to play. I asked him about 10 year olds who don't have ID. He just kind of chuckled, shrugged his shoulders and basically said he didn't care. Soooo, how are these kiosks going to work in the future? Nowadays you can walk into Toysrus and play a gamecube/Ps2/360/etc. without that pushy salesman trying to sell you Open Season, but now it sounds like there will always have to be an employee with the thing. It's one thing if they're congenial and know what they're talking about, as opposed to some depressed goth kid who's just rattling off what they told him to memorize...

OH NO YOU DIDN'T not before me you didn't...dude im am friggen jelouse..but happy for you!!

I called the local Gamestop earlier today. Alas, they don't have one yet. I say "yet" in the hope that they will, but they're quickly running short on time before it won't matter anymore and I'll have my own.

Here are the pictures! (sorry, I had to use my phone...)

Excite Truck:
DSC00074.jpg

Wii-Mote in my sister's hand:
DSC00073.jpg

Wii!!!:
DSC00072.jpg

Woah!

The controllers are even smaller than I thought!

Sounds like you had a great time... I don't even know where my gamestop is.

Trulen said:
Woah!

The controllers are even smaller than I thought!

Sounds like you had a great time... I don't even know where my gamestop is.

The controller was like the best part! :D

YOU NEED TO FIND A GAMESTOP!

Back