Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

I played the Wii today!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Chat' started by Jenova, Nov 9, 2006.

1. Jenova

Jenova Final Distance

Wii Friend Code: 8507-9443-5099-4224
    8507-9443-5099-4224
    Called my local gamestop, and he said they have a playable Wii. So naturally, I ran down there as soon as I could. (with my mom and sister)

So when I get there, the Wii is sitting there, in all it's glowing blue gloriousness...ness... My mom gave the gamestop guy her liscense in exchange for a Wii-mote, they gave it to me, and it was a beautifull moment. I held it in my hand, and it felt so good, the best controller that I held in my life.

So anyway, I ran back over to the Wii, pointed it at the menu, and it was AMAZING. The on-screen cursor matched every movement I made, and when you scrolled over buttons they grew larger, and when you clicked them, they made a wonderfull "clicky noise." ^_^ So I went into the settings, played around with stuff. Then went to make a Mii. You can choose if you want to make a boy or a girl. Also you can change their height, weight, and pretty much everything. There are alot of head shape variations, and everything has so many varations. You can change the color of everything, I think there were like 8 differnt colors or so. And finally, you name your Mii.

After that, I waisted no time on playing excite truck. (The only game that was available... I wish I could've played Wii Sports..., but it was still awesome.) So I click the Excite Truck icon, and it immediately starts playing Excite Truck. And I mean IMMEDIATLEY. I turned the Wii-mote on it's side, and when through the menu. (the 2 button takes place of A, as in confirm and stuff. the 1 button takes place of B, as in deny.)

The game went to a truck selection screen. Most of them were color varations, but that is understandable with no save data on it. So I pick an electric blue truck. It starts the race IMMEDIATLEY. All the trucks are in a line, side my side, and rolling foward as it's counting down. You hold the 2 button to go, which didn't give me that much of a problem as the other person who reviewed excite truck. As he said, you get stars for doing certain things. If you crash, you get 1 star. If you ram into another truck, you get 5 stars. If you go through a forest and don't crash, you continiously get 5 stars. Also getting big air on a ramp earns you stars. You need like 150 - 180 stars on the first race, I think. There are 2 laps, but they are pretty long. The wii-mote was very precise on the movements I made, and it also worked perfectly fine when my mom and sister tried it. (but they were pretty bad...)

Afterwards, I went back to the menu. And guess what? There was a message waiting for me. I clicked on it, and it showed the amount of time I played Excite truck, and the time and date I did. It also displayed the times that other people played it. Glad to know that actually works. :D

Well, that's it. I'll upload the 3 pictures I took later.

2. Wiitime

Wiitime the guy below- HES BACK!!

Wii Friend Code: 1405-1695-6567-5492
    1405-1695-6567-5492
    sounds freakin awsome!!!!!! u r so lucky!!!!!!!!!!! Its so good to hear when ppl play the wii and write there actual experiences and how they liked it. Online you cant say weather the ppl on nintendo.com from the wii experiences r random ppl but when on this forum ppl will say the truth and so far, its been great!

3. registerednerd

registerednerd Wii online moderator

I wonder if they have one here....

4. Homesrfan

Homesrfan ftw

I'm calling my Gamestop tomorrow and seeing if they have one.
    It's gonna be so great if they do. I'll have to basically drag my parents to come play it with me, but I know they will. :D I'm pretty sure that they will have a Wii there.

5. daddyfatsackz

daddyfatsackz Banned

Good post, I actually felt your excitement there.LOL cant wait,Id go to gamespot, but I hate the people that work there. I would kill them if I could. Too snobby, and opinionated

6. Homesrfan

Homesrfan ftw

Actually, I slightly agree there. Once I was getting Kingdom Hearts II and I was looking around at the used games, seeing if they had one. Then I finally went to the desk and asked if they had them in stock. He said, "Why didn't you just come up here and ask in the first place!" He wasn't joking around either. But overall, I've had pretty nice experiences there.

7. Jenova

Jenova Final Distance

8507-9443-5099-4224

Glad you liked it. :D

8. Equis

Equis WII-19-VI

damn you just call mine they said we dont have one :(

9. COLDshiver

COLDshiver Wii Owner

Wii Friend Code: 4532-8683-6668-7765
    4532-8683-6668-7765
    oooh nice! i'm gonna check out my local eb games this weekend

10. Santoanderson

Santoanderson WiiChat Member

I went down to my local gamestop yesterday. They had the kiosk all set up with the console in the middle. It looked sweet, except for some cheap sheet of packing foam wrapped around it (with a dead bug stuck in it, no less), but NO CONTROLLERS! I bugged the sales guy, who said the local rep was going to drop them off at all the stores in and around Salt Lake City later that day. Anyway, I asked him how he keeps people from stealing the controllers. There are no tethers (eat that! whomever!) because tying a cable to the controller will totally screw up it's sensitivity. You have to drop down your Driver's License to play. I asked him about 10 year olds who don't have ID. He just kind of chuckled, shrugged his shoulders and basically said he didn't care. Soooo, how are these kiosks going to work in the future? Nowadays you can walk into Toysrus and play a gamecube/Ps2/360/etc. without that pushy salesman trying to sell you Open Season, but now it sounds like there will always have to be an employee with the thing. It's one thing if they're congenial and know what they're talking about, as opposed to some depressed goth kid who's just rattling off what they told him to memorize...

11. Demon Slayer

Wii Friend Code: 4815-7837-6805-1378
    4815-7837-6805-1378
    OH NO YOU DIDN'T not before me you didn't...dude im am friggen jelouse..but happy for you!!

12. Gymdawg

Gymdawg ~I Spy Hypocricy~

Wii Friend Code: 5981-2669-3238-7379
    5981-2669-3238-7379
    I called the local Gamestop earlier today. Alas, they don't have one yet. I say "yet" in the hope that they will, but they're quickly running short on time before it won't matter anymore and I'll have my own.

13. Jenova

Jenova Final Distance

8507-9443-5099-4224
    Here are the pictures! (sorry, I had to use my phone...)

Excite Truck:
    [​IMG]

Wii-Mote in my sister's hand:
    [​IMG]

Wii!!!:
    [​IMG]

14. Trulen

Trulen Isn't here as much

Wii Friend Code: 1234-1234-1234-1234
    1234-1234-1234-1234
    Woah!

The controllers are even smaller than I thought!

Sounds like you had a great time... I don't even know where my gamestop is.

15. Jenova

Jenova Final Distance

8507-9443-5099-4224

The controller was like the best part! :D

YOU NEED TO FIND A GAMESTOP!

16. Zori

Zori Wii Owner Since Launch

Yeah I played it today to, before seeing this topic. It was AMAZING!!!!!!! I didnt get a chance to go through the settings or make a Mii. But I got to do one race in Excite Truck and im telling you its AMAZING. The Wii is so perfect the wii-mote is so light after 20 seconds you dont even realize your holding it it feels so perfect! I had doubts about maybe Wii having flaws or not living up to the hype but trust me IT DOES! Ive said it before and ill say it again I had an orgasm playing that 1 round of excite truck.

17. Jenova

Jenova Final Distance

8507-9443-5099-4224
    AN orgasm? I had 10!

18. Joe

Joe Banned

Wii Friend Code: 5856-5939-3035-0479
    5856-5939-3035-0479
    Danm....you actually played the Wii......I need to check out if anyone of my Gamestops have one!!!!

19. wiiwii

wiiwii WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 0730-0028-5418-6552
    0730-0028-5418-6552
    i have a question. since the controller is so small is it kind of uncomfertable on its side like that? (probably didnt play long enough to get a full feel for it though) oh and dont worry no matter what you say im still getting a wii and im still going to continue to try and prusuade every person i meet to get one.

20. Zori

Zori Wii Owner Since Launch

Really? The controller felt great in my hands, and I have relatively big hands. Well I guess at first it kinda felt bad, but after a few seconds of playing I didnt notice it I was way to into the game.