Why do people say the Wii's graphics suck? Excite Truck is amazing!

i eat nintendo wiis

WiiChat Member
Sep 16, 2006
Excite Truck's graphics far exceed what i expected. I was so wrong when I thought that the Wii's graphics would be minimal...

How do you feel about Excite Truck's graphics?

i played it at eb and i was impressed. The graphics for the wii r good. I am happy with them. I have NFS, havent played it too much. but i might get excite truck too, what do u think?

Oh lord...if you really care about graphics, get an XBox 360. If you want more gameplay efforts, get a Wii. BAM! IT'S OVER.

P.S. - I'm not saying XBox 360 doesn't have gameplay...it's just basically the same thing as a XBox with better graphics...probably just like the Wii...which is basically the same thing as a Gamecube with a different way to play.

Yeh i was amazed at the graphics of this game also, it just proves that even though the wii doesnt have the same graphical potential as the 360 or ps3 it can still have kick ass games with pretty good graphics.

i play pc games mostly but i think excite truck looks pretty good. it obviously relies on moving fast to look good, though, as still shots reveal some ugly things ;p

You just can't see past the Illusion. If you remember back to the not so good ol days of Game Cube you'll recall that it had the best graphics engine on the market. Nintendo for some odd reason only uses this strength for a slim amount of it's titles. It may even be the same way here on the Wii platform. the thing is Nintendo itself is a Family Aimed operation now days, setting its sites on graphics alone and not it's amazingly interactive gameplay would be suicide right now. Do not doubt Nintendo's ability to predict and react to a market. Take a look at Twighlight princess if you need proof. It's a Wii launch title, one of the best graphically and gameplay wise thus far, but only just remember . . . It was made a Game Cube game. So just imagine what your little humming white case is capable of this time? ::Shrugs:: I'm pretty sure if they wanted to awe us with graphics instead of reminding us of old times, involving our family, and connecting us with the whole world. Nintendo wouldn't be on top right now would they?

Last edited:
lol "Twighlight". Nintendo said that at E3. They said they were trying to reach a new audience: the non-gamers. They aren't worried about graphics and how they can make them prettyful and ****. They're trying to get their money!

Graphics go like this
[PS3=360]>Wii

But PC is the overlord of them all, assuming you have a good PC

Redan499 said:
Graphics go like this
[PS3=360]>Wii

But PC is the overlord of them all, assuming you have a good PC

Yeah and profits and overall market go like this

Microsoft first out of the gate
Sony non-profit organization
Nintendo GOD

i played exite truck at gamestop and was amazed by the graphics! Then my mom said we had to go, so i sadly went to the counter and traded thier wiimote back for my n-gage.

Oh by the way PC isn't a console . . . but lately whats a console. Thank you mister Bill Gates.

lmao N-Gage. Nobody has those anymore. From what I've seen, its worse than a GBA...color.

Edit: Whoaaa! Don't I feel stoopid! I meant GB COLOR! [ slaps self randomly ] OMG.

Back