In search of a playable wii...(ps3 review)

Eric said:
What would you rather. 2/10 gameplay and 10/10 graphics, or 10/10 gameplay and 8/10 graphics?

Just because a system has good graphics doesnt mean it has BAD gameplay. This is not a war or a fight, you dont have to pick SIDES. Jesus Christ. The games on the PS3 are very good, they have great gameplay. Samething with games on the wii. the wii just takes such a unique approach to gaming that it is fresh and DIFFERENT (being the key word)

Anyone who makes a statement like the one above is nothing more than a closeminded FOOL.

what about final fantasy? Metal gear solid? I dont think you will find those games on the wii gentlemen. I love the wii. but a comparison such as this is irrational and illogical.

muftak78 said:
It's funny how when people first play or see the PS, the first thing they say is "the graphics were amazing/awesome", but then that's all you hear about the PS3. It's only an expensive graphics card. No gameplay. Get used to it.

Ummm I can't disagree with more... the playstation brand has not gotten to where it is just on graphics... the playstation 2 has sold about 200 + million world wide and that's just not on graphics...

Games like Okami, final fantasy, Onimusha, Metal Gear Solid, Shadow of Colossus, God of War, Gran Turismo, Devil May Cry, Splinter Cell, Resident Evil, Silent Hill jesus christ I can't even remember... seriously there are so many "GREAT" gameplay games in the thousands that unfortunately I probably never even played...

While I'll admit "right now" the games are a little scarce for the PS3 but the games I mentioned above will make an appearence on the system and they will be great...

If you have the cash I would definataly recommend the PS3

below is a list of upcoming games for the PS3... a mojority of them will have great gameplay....

http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=55631

Deathmetalmaster said:
Just because a system has good graphics doesnt mean it has BAD gameplay. This is not a war or a fight, you dont have to pick SIDES. Jesus Christ.

Don't you abuse my Jesus ! :incazzato:

But yea i do think that PS3 is a little before its time as well. But not too much... with all the big superbowl ads calling for people to ditch their regular boob-tubes n go HD. People are gonna start taking their video more seriously. But will it bring the PS3 sales up... maybe after years there will be a better demand for such power that is found abundant in the PS3

Everyone needs to understand that Wii vs PS3 vs Xbox360 is the same concept as rock, paper and scissors. There is no "one console to rule them all" crap. So cut it out.

I personally would not pay for a system that uses an inferior CPU due to it's in order execution and a GPU that is essentially a 7800 with a fancy name.

Not to mention there is no practical use for Blu-Ray other then HD movies which I personally find pointless.

psyichic said:
Not to mention there is no practical use for Blu-Ray other then HD movies which I personally find pointless.

Do you have an HDTV; or a particularly large one? If not, that's why. 480p is nasty at like 65". Upconversion can only do so much. I find HD movies completely worth it.

SuperH said:
Do you have an HDTV; or a particularly large one? If not, that's why. 480p is nasty at like 65". Upconversion can only do so much. I find HD movies completely worth it.

Exaclty.... that is a good point... all the people say that "don't see a need for blu ray (or HD-DVD)" are basically saying i'm not ready for the next generation High defination games and HD Movies.... It's going to happen regardless people, seems there are allot of people content with standard defination.

[/QUOTE=psyichic]I personally would not pay for a system that uses an inferior CPU due to it's in order execution and a GPU that is essentially a 7800 with a fancy name.

Not to mention there is no practical use for Blu-Ray other then HD movies which I personally find pointless.[/QUOTE]

Thats a "VERY" funny statement from someone owns a wii (or is planning to get one) While the wii is very fun, the hardware "CANNTO" compare to either the 360 or the ps3.

Back