The Wii and the PS3

LukasJr said:
wot .........you said the best games where on the n64 but they didnt have good games:eek: i think ur confused
I think he meant playstation the second time.

wii.ndi said:
well i dont really consider prices.

i look at the console and only the console. not, oh its more expensive so i won't get it.. i mean sure, i prolly wouldn't, but if i wanted it that bad i would.

and im not really seeing too much good news about the ps3.. there are good titles, but it really doesnt have anything unique about it.

its a ps3 with blu-ray (which is good but not exactly special)
xbox is good gfx (parralel to ps3 they say) and best online so far
wii is new type of gaming

and about the ps1 tilt control, i never knew that. but i read an article about them saying that they were happy about ps3 copying their motion sensorsing control.

Honestly, I can't see that way of thinking at all. You don't consider price tags? Any company could go out there and produce this massive powerhouse of a console and put it in the $1000's but you wouldn't care? Affordability is one of the bigest factors for me. PS3 just doesn't cut it.

My bad, I do that a lot.. I meant "Did the N64 have good GRAPHICS? Hell no."

:D Edited.

Fun games don't have to have good graphics, graphics do not make a game any funner.

Homesrfan said:
I think he meant playstation the second time.

Honestly, I can't see that way of thinking at all. You don't consider price tags? Any company could go out there and produce this massive powerhouse of a console and put it in the $1000's but you wouldn't care? Affordability is one of the bigest factors for me. PS3 just doesn't cut it.

i am not speaking for everybody.

but what im saying is..

lets say there is a 300 dollars console, and a 500 dollar one

i want the 500 dollar one, but only have 300.. but i just save for the 500 dollar one and if i want it that bad. ofcourse prices matter, but i'm talking about the console itself, the gameplay etc.

I've signed on there to try and help you out wii.ndi

My user name there is dedu.

Cheers

By the way, I love getting into fanboy fights as it helps me understand more about each console from a different perspective.

Imho, comparing Consoles on forums are none sense and pointless. It's entirely opinion based and the sales will do the talking. But since you posted:

(this is coming from someone who owns a Wii, 360, PS3, and 80% PC gamer)
I think that comparing just specs, plain console specs, the PS3 will no doubt be the best system for the latest in technology and graphics. But graphics never determine who the winner is, it does contribute but not entirely.

Right now, imo, those who go for a PS3 are not so smart. With the price it currently is, a smart person would buy an nice computer instead. Especially those retards whom paid over 5k for a PS3. Instead of paying 5k, they could have used only 3k and have a system that outright destroys the PS3 in specs, especially since DX10 is coming out. Have you seen Crysis and Bioshock? Crazy graphics that will blow your mind away. And that extra 2k that's left from buying a 3k unbelievable PC, you could get a custom case for less depending on the job. So unless you paid only $600 for a PS3, shame on you. The PS3 is just not worth over $600. And even at $600, it's still very debatable. And not enough PS3s? There are tons of PC parts you could get with ease. Although I do have a PS3, the only game I play (and own) on it is Resistance. It's a great shooter with cool new weapons, it's 'newness' factor will soon wear off and be just another shooter. The multiplayer too is really fun but right now, PC is the way to go if you want a PS3.

With the 360 and Wii, both are really strong systems. The 360 imo is the most stable strongest system among the three. It has superb online play and has many great games for it (CoD3, Gears of war, etc.) and above all, Halo 3. (Trailer tonight, OMG!)The 360 imo should be owned by everyone just because it is just a great system. If you were to choose between a 360, Wii, and PS3, i would definitely urge you to get a 360 as a stable platform along with the Wii. The Wii, of course, is one of my favorite systems. It's a big breath, a really really big breath of fresh air. It's a whole different way to play. Some may argue it's just a stupid gimmick, too much hype, you just have to play it to believe it. This is very true, as a few of my friends who currently own a PS3 and 360 had previously thought that the Wii was just a 'party Console' and 'Kiddie Console' were astounded after half a day of Madden, Red Steel, Wii Sports, and Zelda. Now, they are getting a Wii (and just got them yesterday :D). So yes, you have to try it and become a believer. It's different but if you play it with a closed mind thinking you'll break a sweat, then go back to your little hole and turn your back to the world just like those other PS3 fanbois. You have to play it with an open mind, that's the trick. And yadda yadda yadda, most of you know how great the Wii is :)

i dont get why ps3 fanboys are so over secure about everything nintendo is doing... and I think they beleive graphics are key cus they just wanna escape their feeble failure of a life and beleive they are worth something...

oh yeah I actually found a PS3 demo at my gamestop, it was the first out of maybe 12 stores that havent shown a frozen screen, and that thing is sooo loud. But yeah I was able to freeze Motor Storm before I even finished the race...

And does anybody else know of the Dummy system sony does? the ps3 you see behind the plastic is just a gutted ps3, right below its is all its hardware with fans blowing on it, hence the trademark loudness of it

The Wii is the same. At my Wii demo console, there was a Wii plugged in and turned on inside the plastic case, but the Wii we were actually playing on, was hidden below it. Strange.

What you guys have to understand, is that the average consumer, John Q Public, wants bang for their buck. Visuals are one of the most important sales points of technology these days. People want the best looking tv, and the best visuals from their games console.

So, John Q Public sees a demo of the PS3, and a demo of the Wii right next to it. What is he going to instantly assume is best? The PS3. It's not until people see how the Wii is controlled, that it attracts them.

I know it's difficult for everyone here to accept that some people like the PS3 more, but in the modern world, choice is everything. It's what keeps us free. The second you start to insult or challenge a choice someone else has made, is the second that you have stepped over the line. These types of threads should be kept to discussion, rather than flaming. It's easy to insult someone for their choice, but it's even easier to give reasons in a sensible and friendly manner, as to why you chose something else.

Just my thoughts on the subject. Go about your business.

i can understand it, really..

when i see good gfx, im like "dayum" as if it'd be some hot babe there.. but the wii is just so, fresh, so new, how do people bash it?!

ocdan said:
so far ive never seen ps3 boasting actual gameplay, just cinematics
Me either...Weird huh?

Anyway I say this million and millions of times to Sony Fanboys...Graphics don`t make the Game!And yet they reply to me with insults.But hey this will always happen when a new system arrives.Then it calms down and everyone will play with their Wii.

have nintendo do somehting where the wifi connection between the wii and ds with wireless internet can allow the ds to be used as a phone and the psp users will only be using theres as a rear view mirror....

Back