In search of a playable wii...(ps3 review)

I'll be getting my PS3 next friday :) Preordered at EB games. I'll tell you all how great it is on a 61 inch hdtv :lol: And then i'll be camping out at walmart the next day for my Wii :D >:D

--

The PS3 is great, it's not a bad system. It's just that there's not enough and the price is so high. The graphics rival but not exceed the kind you see on a PC. If you had the money to buy a PS3 and have a big HDTV, i would rather recommend you build your own custom uber comp for around 3,000$ instead. games like crysis are going to blow everyone away

Last edited:
I have no doubt the PS3 is a fantastic system with all the graphics and stuff.(I remember similar hype over the PS2).

Problem is, price, unproven technology (blu-ray ,Sony have a habit of backing losers in format wars) It's not out in UK til March and it looks physically huge.

Wii has an affordable price. It's not trying to be a one box entertainment system it is loads of FUN to play and it has Zelda.(and Metroid and of course Mario)

I am not slagging PS3 I just think I will watch it from a distance see how it turns out and when the inevitable price cut comes along I'll give it a go.

im waiting until resident evil 5 comes out to buy ps3. thats basically what i want it for.. and ive heard talk of a silent hill 5.. so thats when ill buy it.

It's funny how when people first play or see the PS, the first thing they say is "the graphics were amazing/awesome", but then that's all you hear about the PS3. It's only an expensive graphics card. No gameplay. Get used to it.

muftak78 said:
EXACTLY! Why can't alot of people see this with the PS3?
Cause just because you play on a gamepad, it dosn't mean it's not fun. There are a bunch of games I rather play on a 360/PS3 rather than on a Wii.

I always have a problem with systems that want to be more than what they are supposed to be in the first place. For me it's always been about the titles...games I've come to love overtime, zelda, mario, metroid, etc. So nintendo forever for me.

I'm building a $3k pc early next year with the latest dx10 nvidia cards that are out around that time, and the other good stuff from everyone else. I don't need a $600 console to get awesome graphics. My PC has served that role for over 6 years and will continue to do so.

When it comes to the format, B-R is not the winner of the format war yet, so why even bother at this point in time.

I have an LCD TV that supports up to 1080p, and I would love to play games at that resolution on the wii for example, imagine the beauty one could find in a zelda game that supports it...but nintendo is not there yet...when they do get there, and eventually they will ( cause as we all know HD is just getting stronger ) I'll be right there to grab that console.

Darkprinny said:
The thing is with the wii
its the controller no wires it cant be chained down (this has been tryed with other things but someone still nicks them) so rather than have some one stand gaurd thell just put a PS3 or 360 in there store

I just saw a playable Wiis at Vaughan Mills (Mall north of Toronto). The first wasn't in the store, and had 3 Wii reps for the 4 wii's they had. I saw another at EBgames, but you have to put money down or a credit card to play (in case someone "nicks" the controller)

without a doubt those graphic are amazing. if pc game dev' pulled their finger out they could make games with better graphic. ive said it a few times, ive bought the wii for the controller, game play and nintendo titles. im not going to lie, i love good graphic', im studying to become a 3D artist and animator! but i already have my PC for good graphic games. enemy territory quake wars looks amazing. if the previous id games are anything to go by the game play will be amazing, the graphic is on bar/better than the ps3/xbox 360 and keyboard/mouse are still my favorite controls. not forgetting the online community.

wii=fun, innovative games sort of games with a fun controller
pc=better graphic, online sort of games with mouse keyboard

i dont need a ps3.

Wii or PS3

hi guys

ive been a nintendo fan since i fond the Game Boy Colour (i was born in 1993 so im a nintendo child) but i also played the ps2 and the xbox and others, i said to everyone at school that dont buy the Xbox 360 or the PS3 and buy the Wii. its brilliant i havent played one (im still looking for it god dammit! lol) but everyone says they like the PS3 how can i convince them Wii beats all

1. the wii helps with fitness (i think if you get yourself into the game you will get fitter and healthier)
2.ideas for the wii are way better than ps3 (everyone plays the Wii thats why its called Wii (we) but ps3 is just boring) iver seen old people play the wii and young people play the wii and adults (20-40s) which is amazing for my eyes because ive never seen an old person sit down and play a PS2 or Xbox its a revolution (what the original name for wii is they said.) i dont like nintendo for they dont bring enough stock out for consoles and games which is a bit pointless because i know that if they brought enough out my friends would have bought them instead of sacking it and waiting for the PS3

i live in the U.K so we dont have playable Wiis and that in stores the only things i have seen is a playable xbox when it came out.

Demon Slayer said:
eum listen...my advice...Buy the wii..the when the price for ps3 goes down like probably never.. buy it..

There are predictions for a price cut within the next twelve months. If your not in Europe, and want to buy a PS3 - be thankful, they ( the Euros.) will only get the 60gig PS3 option... super expensive.

I played a Wii @ EB games in the Eaton centre - they wanted my driving licence.

oldschool said:
I just saw a playable Wiis at Vaughan Mills (Mall north of Toronto). The first wasn't in the store, and had 3 Wii reps for the 4 wii's they had. I saw another at EBgames, but you have to put money down or a credit card to play (in case someone "nicks" the controller)

everyones all about the PS3 n how good it looks... but i'm not so shure its as big a deal for people as they think... here is where i'm comin from

I realize most of the people that are into their gaming have HD but for those that dont.. they go to these ps3 kiosks n think omg this is so awesome, they buy one, then bring it home to their 27 inch regular old tube tv. Shure its still something special but no where near what i'd say 600 bucks is worth. Someday (if ever) the PS3 drops in price, i figure itll be a nice sturdy stand for my wii to sit on. But then I have a 61 inch 1080 HD w/ Bose system. Why anyone would get a PS3 just to put it on a "boob-tube" is beyond me.

hey now i had the ps3, i honestly liked it, but i gave it up because i needed more of a family oriented machine. don't bash, but yes it is pretty expensive, but if you look at Blueray players period its like 600 bucks anyways, why not have a ps3 at the same time. :) but all 3g systems are good. haven't yet bought a 360 yet :/, but with the wii my daughter and wife can play :))

Back