In search of a playable wii...(ps3 review)

dbinder1987

WiiChat Member
Sep 17, 2006
Ok dont get me wrong, i am 100% a wii fan. i know a ton about it and everything. well i went around to a few stores to try to find a wii system to try. no where had one, i checked EB games, TRU, and walmart, and target. But while at target i did find a playable ps3. and let me just tell you, i have been puting down the ps3 a lot to my friends lately, but i have to change that around. The ps3 was amazing!!! they had a racing game on it (may have been excite truck) and the graphics were amazing. The trucks looked so real, and when you were driving the scenery was so detailed and looked close to real. I have never seen a game that looked that good. I tryed out the motion sensing int he controler to steer the truck, and it didnt seem that responsive. or at least not as good as i thougt it would work. It probly didnt help that the controler was attached to the wall via a piece of flexable rubber. All in all i think the ps3 was awsome, i still dont know if i would shell out that kinda cash for it. heres the numbers i will give it.
Looks 7/10
gameplay 7/10
graphics 9.5/10 (theres always room for improovement)
motion sensors 3/10

The thing is with the wii
its the controller no wires it cant be chained down (this has been tryed with other things but someone still nicks them) so rather than have some one stand gaurd thell just put a PS3 or 360 in there store

That was motorstorm...I think. I agree that the PS3 is amazing (i used to be a sony fanboy), but it just isn't worth it.

yeah the PS3 will be good for graphics but why buy a PS3 when i have a PC for graphics?
plus i mainly play fps games and fps games on pads like the ps2 controller and even the gamecube controller suck. Im hoping the wiimote can maybe replace the keyboard and mouse for fps games that would be cool.
oh and one question.....

did you get attacked by a giant enemy crab??

Last edited:
eum listen...my advice...Buy the wii..the when the price for ps3 goes down like probably never.. buy it..

What would you rather. 2/10 gameplay and 10/10 graphics, or 10/10 gameplay and 8/10 graphics?

Look the PS3 will have some good games (all consoles do even the Gidzmo)
Its just at the moment its a bit limited in terms of originality
Good games so far
Virtua Fighter 5
Ridge racer what ever

wayne said:
Omg that joke is sooo old. Try something new like, did it make baby's cry or can it bake a pie? :p
old? no, and as for your "joke", what???

its ridge racer, RIIIIIIIDGE RAAAAACCCEERRRRRRR!!

take THAT in yer weak point and receive massive damage!

Last edited:
ocdan said:
old? no, and as for your "joke", what???

its ridge racer, RIIIIIIIDGE RAAAAACCCEERRRRRRR!!

take THAT in yer weak point and receive massive damage!
The baby thing was from this
and pie was just to make it rhyme.

I think the whole RidgeRacer series are quite good but their all the same, I mean why have 10 versions of the same game if there are no other improvments than graphics

ya i think i will get the wii on launch and then just save up for the ps3 and wait untill the price goes down to like $300 (probly like 3 or 4 years) and then get it. cause i collect video game systems, i have atari, nes, snes, genesis, gameboy color, gameboy pocket, dreamcast, ps1, ps2, xbox, soon the wii. I am still looking for the original gameboy witht eh green screen so if anyone has a working one that they would sell for cheap let me know.

Demon Slayer said:
eum listen...my advice...Buy the wii..the when the price for ps3 goes down like probably never.. buy it..

That's what I'm doing. :D

Back