i really need help because im dumb

bry

WiiChat Member
Nov 30, 2007
okay so i have a wii, i have a nintendo wi-fi usb connector. how do i set this up???? im so confused i thought you just put it in the back of the wii but as i can see there is more too it. can someone help me? i would appreciate any help. thanks!

You should be able to hook the usb-connector into one of the wii's usb ports (in the back) and into a wall. Then, go into your wii settings (circle in the lower left of the home screen) and go to online (you will have to scroll over). From there, you will be able to perform a connection test, and if your connection is good enough and passes the test you will be able to select 'use this connection.' You are now online. Good luck with your wii, and feel free to ask if you have any more questions.

i made it up to the connection test part and it fails everytime. is there anything i can do to improve my connection?

Wired connections are known to do that. I honestly don't know much about the subject, other than its better to go with a wireless connection. I apologize for not being able to help you out.

Anybody have any fixes for this guy?

LevesqueIsKing said:
You should be able to hook the usb-connector into one of the wii's usb ports (in the back) and into a wall. Then, go into your wii settings (circle in the lower left of the home screen) and go to online (you will have to scroll over). From there, you will be able to perform a connection test, and if your connection is good enough and passes the test you will be able to select 'use this connection.' You are now online. Good luck with your wii, and feel free to ask if you have any more questions.
Doesn't the USB Wi-Fi connector plug into your computer?

My friend's does. . .

EDIT: Are you takin bout a wired connection or wi-fi connection? post creator

i dont know what to do... i was reading somthing about a installation cd but i never got one with my wifi usb connector

Well if he has a Nintendo USB Wi-Fi connector you plug it in to the computer and use the Wii's built in wirelessness to connect to it.

If you have a LAN adapter watchamacallit, just plug it into the wii and into a phone jack.

^these are known to be unreliable.

JAKE196 said:
Well if he has a Nintendo USB Wi-Fi connector you plug it in to the computer and use the Wii's built in wirelessness to connect to it.

If you have a LAN adapter watchamacallit, just plug it into the wii and into a phone jack.

^these are known to be unreliable.

is this possible with a mac? i dot have a pc

bry said:
is this possible with a mac? i dot have a pc
I have some bad news 4 u

* PC running Windows XP or Windows Vista* with active internet account. (Note: In order to work with Windows Vista, you must have version 1.06 or higher of the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector software. Click here to download the latest version.)

Important: The Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector has been discontinued until further notice. As an alternative for on-line access, Wii and DS owners can use a standard wireless router, or for Wii owners, you can use the Wii LAN Adapter. Please click here to access the alternative on-line set-up options information on our web-site.

on Nintendo.com

Hey I need help because I don't know how to connect my wii to the internet.

Back