IGN give new sonic riders a poor score

FFS!

WiiChat Member
Nov 21, 2007
for any of you who were still in the dark about whether or not to buy this game i was just looking on the ign site and saw the review. Im not sure if this has been posted already and i apologise if so but here it is, and i have to say i dont blame this review in the slightest -

http://au.wii.ign.com/articles/845/845430p1.html

i havent played the sonic riders games but personally i think that they aren't true sonic games. Sonic has nothing to do with riding hoverboards (except in this game) and this is just a cheap title using the sonic name. I sure hope we get a decent sonic game on wii soon hopefully something like sonic adventure, that would be awesome.

Sonic Ridahs...

I was looking at it, the graphics seemed pretty fluid, and it's wifi...
but Im weary about paying 49.99 for a game, even though I read the reviews they mean nothing...

I may consider it more when it drops to 40 or 30 bucks, after no-one buys it... :lol:

Gamejunkie said:
I was looking at it, the graphics seemed pretty fluid, and it's wifi...
Yeah I picked it up because it said wi-fi and I wanted to race against ppl .. it deserves all the low scores it received .. even though it said wi-fi you can't play

online .. the online feature is to like just submit scores and stuff :mad5: and a trade-in only gives me 15 Bucks back!

For those of you that follow what critics say about games or movies - Don't. Sonic Riders ZG is a very fun game. The speed is a lot faster. The gears are better. The tacks are more open and you have more characters than the last one. The graphics may look a little close to the PS2 port but why not look past that and look at the fun factor of the game. I thought that is what made games fun. Not the graphics but the replay value and fun factor. For some of you graphics are a must and I don't blame you - I love nice graphics as well and for some reason this game just flows. I'm sorry for those of you that didn't like it. Also, what do you mean it's not "a true sonic game" what the hell does that mean? Just because he is not 2D and just running forward doesn't mean that it is not a sonic game. What about Mario? He is in Galaxies and in Karts and RPGs, hell he is even in a fighting game. Would you consider that it is not "a true Mario game"? If you don't like the 3D sonic games then stop complaining about them and don't play them. Face the facts that the games are not going back to 2D, period. If you like the "true Sonic games" so much then just sell you nextgen consoles and buy a Mega Drive or a Nintendo and just stop complaining.

Last edited:
Ive never played a game thats gotten bad reviews that ended up being fun for me. Probably because I think the same as a reviewer. I critique games, so the game has to be good for me to like it.

Back