IGN reviews Pro Evo

Wh15ky

WiiChat Member
Sep 28, 2007
8.5 Presentation
The menus are slick, the design is totally revamped for Wii pointer usage, and it feels like a truly unique and console-specific package.
8.0 Graphics
Models look decent, animation is well executed and fluid, but there are moments of PS2-ness throughout, specifically when looking at crowds, hair, net movement, and the like.
7.5 Sound
Some well executed commentary throughout, but no player-specific comments or direct mentioning of teams or nations. Music is all original, with no licensed tracks.
9.0 Gameplay
Pro Evo has changed the game of soccer, hopefully forever. Pointer control blends speed and fluidity with unprecedented strategy, and it’s an extremely rewarding innovation.
9.0 Lasting Appeal
Online, Wii-mote player trading, Wii Connect 24 team data sharing, Mii mode, Chaimpions Mode, full team/player editor, leagues, and cup play. Wow.

Great OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

LINK
http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/860/860254p2.html

Sounds like this one actually has a chance of living up to expectations!

Wasn't this supposed to come out today, the 18th, in the U.S.? I think it might be delayed, since many retailers have changed the date to the 25th... :scared:

Last edited:
Sounds good, I skipped out on Fifa but this game seems to good to pass.
Will rent it, and go from there.

I rented this game out today.

PES is an excellent, excellent game. It truly is a revolution in footy games in terms of control. You can control players like no other game. Far better strategy etc.

I'm going to trade in a couple games and buy it.

It leaves this years FIFA in the dust. It has no multiple gimmicky waggle controls like FIFA.

Prior to playing it I was sceptical about the control system, in that it would be far too slow to keep up with the game. This couldn't be more wrong. The control system is so intuitive and only makes the game play better. It is very fluid.

Does it have flaws? Of course, like it states in the IGN review, there isn't enough control defensively and I could imagine people getting frustrated.

Highly recommended.

Last edited:
Thank God, finally a good soccer game on the Wii. FIFA 08 was an absolute joke, good to see Pro Evo come out strong on its debut on the Wii.

Anyone know when this is out in Australia? I will most likely buy it.

@ Stewart01 : Have you ever played PES 6, if so does this game feel anything like it, such as player motions, graphics, etc.

That's excellent news Stewart01, thanks for your review.

I've been looking forward to this game since buying my wii, in the PS2 days the annual release of pro evo was always something to look forward to and each installment always kept me entertained until the next one. I'm so glad the wii version doesn't seem to dissapoint.

I'm in UK, I have it on preorder, it's out next friday (28th) but it should arrive on the thursday.

Yeungy said:
Anyone know when this is out in Australia? I will most likely buy it.

@ Stewart01 : Have you ever played PES 6, if so does this game feel anything like it, such as player motions, graphics, etc.

You could get a import from the UK - Australia is same region?

I have played prior PES games, but not enough that I could comment. The player motions are fluid. Graphics are OK to Good, not outstanding - but its really the game play that makes the game.

There are less trick shots / trick moves than other PES / FIFA games, but for me, this isn't a problem - the button combinations were so long I never used them anyway. On the other hand, you get far more control over players.

I have this years FIFA: After playing PES, I'd find it difficult to go back and play FIFA. Wearing a straight jacket springs to mind.

Back