IGN SMG Review - 9.7!!

JAKE196 said:
pffft, it's not a shooter and it don't got online it can't be. :yesnod:

Yes, but if a game is nearly perfect in every way, it doesn't need to go online. Plus, I can't see how online would be put into SMG. Finally shooter isn't always the best genre....

I was hoping for at least one 10.0 from one of the big 3 review sites. Eh, I'm camping out either way.

Nookslave:*cough cough* Ugh, Mom, I can't go to school today, I have...uh...Mushroomitis!

manufan15 said:
Yes, but if a game is nearly perfect in every way, it doesn't need to go online. Plus, I can't see how online would be put into SMG. Finally shooter isn't always the best genre....
I'm joking yo, I'm sure it is one of the best games of all time w/ a score like that.

JAKE196 said:
I'm joking yo, I'm sure it is one of the best games of all time w/ a score like that.

Oh sorry...couldn't pick up on the sarcasm. I agree, can't wait for this.

omg a 9.7. this game is going to be terrrrrrriibbbllleee. Nintendo had plenty of time to make this game perfect and its obviosuly not. Theres no excuse.. this game should easily be a 10. nintendo has more time for ssbb and its probably going to be an 8. Nintendo cant get it right. make good games. stop with the slacking off and do something right....

jkjkjk :lol: this game will rock as will MOH and SSBB.. 9.7 is a great score:yesnod:

This game might be considered the greatest single player experience. But nowadays games are judged by both single player and multi player so it's hard to argue that this is the best game of all time.

If no game can recieve a 10, what's the point of having a ranking out of 10?

I think we're all forgetting about the gameboy advance games - 18 different games got a 10 from ign. I don't know why, maybe they were more lenient but there you go.

I wasn't planning on getting SMG but I just might have to now.

edit: they weren't all gba games some were gbc games

redwagon76 said:
I think we're all forgetting about the gameboy advance games - 18 different games got a 10 from ign. I don't know why, maybe they were more lenient but there you go.

I wasn't planning on getting SMG but I just might have to now.

edit: they weren't all gba games some were gbc games
wow really?

what kind of ratings did mario 64 and sunshine get? im guessing sunshine wasnt as good, but i'd like to know.

KyleForMe said:
In the ratings at the end, ign says "not to mention WiiConnect24 support" but doesn't mention this detail anywhere in the article. Does anyone know how this will use WiiConnect24?

at the end of the review when they detail the different scores for sound, graphics, gameplay etc. it says you can use wiiconnect24 for sending your accomplishments to other players.

what im wondering is do you have to complete the game b4 being able to play the semi-coop mode.

Last edited:
Back