IGN SMG Review - 9.7!!

yeah i looked at those reviews, they really dont count as real ones because you can see they didnt take handheld games that seriously so a really good one was a 10, as youll see, they only give a final score, like they do with mobile games. (perhaps 1 day mobile games will be taken seriously like handheld...)

NintendoGamer said:
Ocarina of Time for the n64 got a 10 from ign

i havent seen any other 10's for games other than handhelds. i did see a 9.9 for san andreas, which, by the way, i have never gotten more than 30% finished. the next chance i get when there arent any good games coming out, ill have to jump back in, i just hope my mem. card is still full.

Sovieto said:
yeah i looked at those reviews, they really dont count as real ones because you can see they didnt take handheld games that seriously so a really good one was a 10, as youll see, they only give a final score, like they do with mobile games. (perhaps 1 day mobile games will be taken seriously like handheld...)
I thought it was interesting at the very least, and I did notice that they only gave a final score so that was my second hint that they were too lenient back then.

Also, I can't say this is for sure, but I found this on another board in regards to the wiiconnect24 feature:

"To brag to your wii friends when you do something important in the game, it will send them a message and they will have the fancy blue glowing light and then they will see that you did something awesome in galaxy." I won't link to it because the guys who run this board don't like competition as far as I know. :wink:

very good score on IGN...very very surprised

this is not fanboy talking but do you think it has a chance for game of the year?

BTW

GAMESPOT PERFECT SCORES
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 PS2 10.0
Chrono Cross PS 10.0
Soul Calibur DC 10.0
Ocarina of Time N64 10.0

I agree with Ocarina but...tony hawk? come on....and chrono cross would get a 9.9 in my books.

Sovieto said:
there is no such thing as a perfect game, as stated before, so 9.9 is the perfect score pretty much (unless ign looks past that and just make a 10 mean perfect as video games can get).
the highest score ive seen on ign is Halo i believe (couldve been 2) with a 9.8, anyone else know of any 9.8+ on ign?

zelda ocarina of time got a 10 for virtual console and N64 i believe

checking.......

yes its rated a 10.

"Mario 64 in space"

Thats all I needed to hear to be SUPER FREAKIN PUMPED FOR THIS GAME!!!!!

Back