IGN - Sonic and the Secret Rings Review

GOD DAMNIT! DAMNIT DAMNT DAMNIT I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN! Is there EVER going to be a good game for Wii???

Homesrfan said:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/766/766214p2.html

I actually saw this coming. IGN is very inconsistant with what they say about video games. Usually they will praise a video game in the 'hands on' previews and then anally rape them in the reviews.

Suck it IGN.

Not their fault, some games can be decieving such as Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog which I thought would all be good. You can never be too sure until the final product.

En4Neo said:
Not their fault, some games can be decieving such as Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog which I thought would all be good. You can never be too sure until the final product.
I really don't believe that. Matt points of some faults in the gameplay and he should have seen that in the Hands-On. He should have mentioned something.

I have sent them an angry email they will hopefully respond back to. This isn't the first time this has happened. Why totally hype a game up and say totally great things about it and then crap on it in the review?

If they do this to SSX Blur... oh my god Matt better watch his back. Because they REALLY have said only great things about SSX Blur.

Homesrfan said:
If they do this to SSX Blur... oh my god Matt better watch his back. Because they REALLY have said only great things about SSX Blur.
Dude I COMPLETELY agree with you. They have hyped that game up so much... I'm expecting an 8.5 at the bare minimum.

But I went to metacritic and the other reviews dont look bad. I think I'll wait a day or two, maybe wait for gamespot's review, and then decide whether or not to buy it. Check it out:
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/sonicwildfire

Homesrfan said:
http://wii.ign.com/articles/766/766214p2.html

I actually saw this coming. IGN is very inconsistant with what they say about video games. Usually they will praise a video game in the 'hands on' previews and then anally rape them in the reviews.

Suck it IGN.

I agree. All the praise and coverage they have given this game over the last few months, and then they kill it. They seem very inconsistent compared to the other reviews I have read. I wonder what GameSpot will say...

When I get my copy (tommorow), I am going to place money on the fact that half of what IGN complained about won't bother me.

If you hve'nt noticed, IGN never liked sonic games:
He even said tht this was the best 3-d sonic game ever so it's still a good sine
when im talking about sonic games i trust my review not igns!

Homesrfan said:
I really don't believe that. Matt points of some faults in the gameplay and he should have seen that in the Hands-On. He should have mentioned something.

I have sent them an angry email they will hopefully respond back to. This isn't the first time this has happened. Why totally hype a game up and say totally great things about it and then crap on it in the review?

I still disagree, good impressions doesn't equal good game. I've had demos of games that feel totally awesome at first when I'm getting a feel for them, but then sometimes they just turn out to only feeling good rather than being good.

Still if you don't pay attention to just the score and actually realise that the review states there is good to the game, you'd realise they didn't completely write it off as a bad game.

rgf942 said:
GOD DAMNIT! DAMNIT DAMNT DAMNIT I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN! Is there EVER going to be a good game for Wii???
what the hell?! don't you mean "good Sonic games in general"? are you stupid? there's more good games for the Wii than for the PS3(only one for ps3 I believe) most of the Wii games have good reviews...Sonic for Xbox 360 and PS3 got a 4 so this one for the Wii is alot better than that crap, so next time get your facts straight

i do check ign reviews, do i always follow them, No. warioware they said was good, i thought it was awful. But i looked at sonic and i wasent sure anyways if i was going to get this and they gave it a bad score so that leans towards not getting it, maybe rent.... some games like madden, deserved a 9. also remeber, they detail everything, some of us might not, they look at every little thing, thats y i use ign as a piece of my deicison, sometimes.........

ign said this game was great and they gave it a crappy score, they shouldnt say anything until they play it.. unless its ssbb we know its great so they can talk about that.

aww thats to bad...but thats just Matt's opinion play the game yourself....im sure youll like it!
IGN gave it a 6.9 out of 10!

Hybrid said:
If you hve'nt noticed, IGN never liked sonic games:
He even said tht this was the best 3-d sonic game ever so it's still a good sine
when im talking about sonic games i trust my review not igns!

Yeah that's why Sonic Adventure 2, the last truelly good Sonic game got a 9.4/10 from them.

Right?

Also they were a little overly nice with Sonic Heroes IMO, as a Sonic fan I didn't think that game was all that hot.

Thats Not Cool!

well i bought sonic today and its a pretty fun game. graphics are top notch for a wii game and gameplay is way better than the x360 or ps3 version. I would give it a 8.5 out of 10 because of its hard to follow controls.

Back