IGN - Sonic and the Secret Rings Review

Im waiting for Trauma Center, that looks real good, but for now my wishlist is Excite Truck and Sonic :cornut:

I will never base my purchases on the opinions of these reviews again.

Ever since Gamespot started reviewing NES games, on the VC, in the Wii reviews section, I've avoided even looking at lists of reviews on Gamespot. And when IGN gave WarioWare a 9.whatever / 10, I shunned them.

These Wii reviews are just getting stupid. There's no standard for rating the games now. Every reviewer has problems with the controls, for all these Wii games. Makes me wonder why they even work for these websites.

Gah. Anyway. Continue discussion.

I will never base my purchases on the opinions of these reviews again.

Ever since Gamespot started reviewing NES games, on the VC, in the Wii reviews section, I've avoided even looking at lists of reviews on Gamespot. And when IGN gave WarioWare a 9.whatever / 10, I shunned them.

These Wii reviews are just getting stupid. There's no standard for rating the games now. Every reviewer has problems with the controls, for all these Wii games. Makes me wonder why they even work for these websites.

Gah. Anyway. Continue discussion.

I agree with you there, when ive been looking at the reviews for games, they all seem to say "controls are awkward" and things like that, and i have only seen 2 games get higher than 8 on gamespot for the Wii, in my opinion it seems a little biased.

but then again, this only the first series of Wii games, no doubt in the future developers will master the control system and will be producing games that have near flawless controls.

rgf942 said:
GOD DAMNIT! DAMNIT DAMNT DAMNIT I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN! Is there EVER going to be a good game for Wii???
If you look at the other reviews, it all received A B+ and a 7.5/10. Don't remember where but another place gave it a 9.2. I'm guessing it's one of those "like it or love it", kinda like Red Steel is "love it or hate it".

rgf942 said:
IGN gave warioware an 8.2. Gamespot's the one that gave it a 9.1.
Ah right. Well, I hate Gamespot even more. In any case, a check of IGN's website today, shows me that they too have put Virtual Console reviews into the Wii section. Most annoying thing ever, because I have to sift through old games to find actual Wii games. And with more and more VC games coming out, they are going to populate the lists.

IGN is only good for 3 things you guys...Release Dates, Screenshots, and TRAILERS! Other than that they're complete garbage IMO. The reviews are always stupid. Its some variation of, "The gameplay is unique, but the game doesn't fully utilize the Wii Remote, and we found the controls to be awkward." or some bs like that. Maybe they're all working for PS3. I'm sure they never expected to actually have to deal w/ the level of popularity that the Wii has right now...the idiots.

the game looks pretty cool to me. can someone tell me how exactly the "excite truck" controls work??

yeah..you see, you hold the Wiimote horizontally instead of vertically with the buttons looking towards you and you turn the wiimote left or right for going to each side respectively as if it was a steering wheel, you see?

I kinda like the music, it's a fusion of Arabic and Rock music so it makes for an interesting sound

Yeah the music isn't as bad as everyone says it is.

So I've played the game for about 7 hours total now and I'm like 2/3 of the way though it. It isn't bad, but there are definately parts where you will be frustrated at the control. But its really fun otherwise. It gets you completely pumped up, and then before you know it youre bouncing off of walls and smashing the controller around when you get killed by a boss or something. Its awesome.

I'm glad to hear that, sir, now I'm gonna buy with more ganas than before, thanks!

Yeah on the music, I probably should've added:

There are some worlds that have really awesome music like the "Evil Foundry" music, which is my favorite. It's frickin' perfect pump-up music. Then there are worlds like "Dinosaur Jungle" which, though having gourgeous visuals, has god awful music (just listen to it, you'll know what I mean).

Back