im craving some news on THE BIGS!

lol.... if u want to talk. go to the baseball thread lol.. then we can go at it lo.. GO YANKEES!

I'll probably be getting it. I've been waiting on a full fledged baseball game because I love the one on Wii Sports but there is only so much you can do on it.

No online isn't surprising. I didn't expect it to have that. Strikers and Madden are coming out a month to a month and a half after this so that's not bad.

I love the Yankees, and my Wii.

And I too will be buying the Bigs.

My wife and I are excited

Wiitime said:
YEAAA FWELR!!!!! Mlb 2k8 for the wii??/ has it been confirmed? i agree, it will be good and last me until Strikers and Madden!! to bad about our game! rain check. TBD!.. whenver the next baseball game online comes out. Yankees Vs Giants..

EDIT: found the site

JimmyS: How come you have MLB 2K7 on all platforms except for the Wii? Do you have any plans to put the game on the Wii this year at all? TIA

Brinkman: We don't have MLB 2K7 on Wii this year. We want to spend some time to really utilize the controls and this year wasn't going to provide us that time. Look for MLB 2K8 on Wii.

that was on February 8, back when they were talking about the release of 2K7. so hopefully when they release 2K8 for wii, it'll have kick-ass, refurbished controls and an online mode!

Last edited:
Come on June 25th! I can't wait to get this game. It would not surprise me if this game had a surprise online, seeing as the release date is right around the time we have been expecting to get online for quite some time. Guess we shall see.

i doubt it buddy. I wish, but i dont see that.. that would be cool though

Hey, Does anyone know if you can use only the wiimote for batting instead of the wiimote and nunchuck? I don't see any reason to use the nunchuck for batting. Swinging the wiimote one-handed would be a tough pill to swallow.

Good question, seeing as on games such as Madden if the nunchuck is disconnected the game is unplayable when the icon screen comes up. I personally have no info on the exact controls of this game. Check the search function on this site.

i believe you do swing with one hand and the nunchuck is to aim to where you hit the ball. From what i have read, to run you drum the controls. swing is the wiimite, to throw is the wiimote but u can use the D pad too. to pitch is u choose the pitch then throw i think... the controls sound cool, hopefully they will work well. I am hoping for
- Good reviews
-Controls work good
- You can trade players/edit rosters
( there is no dynasty/season mode, but i can manage even though i really like that)

If you have to swing one-handed this game could be a bust. When I play Wii baseball, and when I see others play, I use two hands on the wiimote. If I can take out the nunchuck for batting the game will be a hit. I don't think most people want to swing one-handed.

it could be a option not to use it.. if you dont like it maybe put the nunchuck down, then swing then pick it up real quick. thats what i would do....... well ign spoke about it last month they said its good but there is a lag.. as long as its not a huge lag it will be ok and they have had time to work more on the game.. i am hopeing ign's podcast ( hopefully come out tonight) they will talk about it since they played it this week....

Wiitime,
If you find out anything let us know. I called Gamestop where I live and they said for some reason 2ksports is keeping a tight lid on The Bigs information. He said he almost positive you can take out the nunchuck and use the wiimote two-handed. To me it seems like a no-brainer. But, I have been surprised before.

astros30 said:
Wiitime,
If you find out anything let us know. I called Gamestop where I live and they said for some reason 2ksports is keeping a tight lid on The Bigs information. He said he almost positive you can take out the nunchuck and use the wiimote two-handed. To me it seems like a no-brainer. But, I have been surprised before.

You got it! Yeah, i know 2k is not letting anything out. That will be good if we can take the nunchuck out... I wonder how it would be using 2 hands. it might be more comfortable with 1 hand.. guess we will have to wait and see!

Last edited:
No season mode? Why? Then w/o online this game is sounding downhill to me. To me, the fun is mostly all in the season mode, that is w/o insane multiplayer and I never play 2 player with these games.

Back