im craving some news on THE BIGS!

Thanks zeropants for the review. $50+ is alot of money to spend on what seems like the worst of my worries for this game. Is rookie mode anything like season mode at all? I could live with less than perfect as long as an immersive season was possible, but this just seems like more of an arcade one time deal with create-a-player.

WiiBad said:
Thanks zeropants for the review. $50+ is alot of money to spend on what seems like the worst of my worries for this game. Is rookie mode anything like season mode at all? I could live with less than perfect as long as an immersive season was possible, but this just seems like more of an arcade one time deal with create-a-player.

Like a Season Mode:
Play pretty much the same amount of games as a full season
Pitchers get tired
Playoffs and World Series

Not Like a Season Mode:
Limited Roster Control (no minor leagues), although you can steal up to 10 players from other rosters to complete your team.
Minigames that you must complete before playing some games
You play games that you want to play, ie: i can go to Pittsburgh, then to San Francisco, then back to Pittsburgh. there's no set schedule.

its still a lot of fun, but if you have doubts, you should probably rent and see how fast you can get through it. this game at least deserves a rental from baseball fans.

Last edited:
I almost bought it today. Im so bored with the games I have that it took everything in me to turn it down. I have a online renting service, but im not sure how long it will take me to get it from them. I guess I need to suck it up and wait. Because once I get it, I can keep it as long as I want.

wiifreak9292 said:
does the batting have more of a lag than wii sports baseball?

no, its a little bit better. there is a little bit on the 100+ MPH Fastballs but that's to be expected.

it has a little lag. im used to it already. once in a while, i forget or just cant hit, but then i catch back on.. I think its a great game!

No offense, but if you can't get a handle on the controls for this game within 3 hours...you are a lost cause. It took me probably 30 minutes, and half of that was spent doing the little learning section of the game.

And wiitime I'm pretty sure the Yankees don't rock at the moment.

I agree. after losing horribly to my friend 13 to 0 I decided to spend the rest of the night playing my copy of the Bigs to get the controlls down. I mastered pitching in like 10 minutes, and everything else came gradually like diving and awesome catches. One more thing in everyones opinion, Is this game better than wii sports. Id like to see what people think. I say its way better:ciappa:

Maybe I was expecting too much at first, but I played for probably another 2 hours yesterday. I had to raise the computer's skill level after beating Pittsburgh 22-0 in rookie challenge mode.

After making the skill adjustments so it's more competitive and ironing out my throwing and pitching I'm enjoying the game alot more. I was tilting the controller too much when I threw in the field and it was causing some bad input. I started using the D pad to throw to the bases and I'm much happier. I'd upgrade my rating to a solid 7 or 7.5 regardless of what else is available for the Wii.

I'm still victim to controller lag on diving or jumping catches when fielding though.

zeropants said:
Maybe I was expecting too much at first, but I played for probably another 2 hours yesterday. I had to raise the computer's skill level after beating Pittsburgh 22-0 in rookie challenge mode.

After making the skill adjustments so it's more competitive and ironing out my throwing and pitching I'm enjoying the game alot more. I was tilting the controller too much when I threw in the field and it was causing some bad input. I started using the D pad to throw to the bases and I'm much happier. I'd upgrade my rating to a solid 7 or 7.5 regardless of what else is available for the Wii.

I'm still victim to controller lag on diving or jumping catches when fielding though

ya, throwing with the d-pad is much easier, when i tried flicking the wiimote to first sometimes it would go to third, and it was a 50/50 chance of going home or 2nd, but luckily they put that option in as well.

i have made 1 jumping catch. it was in the all-star game ironicly, ive also had the ball bounce off my glove a few times.

wat difficulty level are you playing at now?

I am actually amazed at how easy it is to throw to bases. It's actually my favorite part of the controls. I think I have only thrown to the wrong base maybe once.

Had to go to BestBuy to pick up my copy today. Gamestop was out, and this was one of two the girl had in the computer (this is a popular game!). The computer has been annihilating me so far, they seem to get around the bases in a hurry! I will be missing season mode after this clears up, but the rookie mode sounds fun...may have to give that a try later, it sounds like the mini games will be good for training lacking skills. MY REVIEW is as follows (1)GRAPHICS are pretty amazing to me, but the crowd could be better as far as variation...but who's staring at the crowd? (2)GAMEPLAY is pretty decent--Hitting is very difficult, fielding is not quite easy but once getting used to should be about the easiest part of the game, pitching takes some getting used to but also shows alot of promise. 8 out of 10! This is a really good baseball game and the arcade style is extremely evident with crashing baserunners into fielders, slamming homeruns into foul polls and scoreboards, etc; and there is a power up for hitting that sends the ball sailing. This game is worth the money. Well, I got some playing to do.

Last edited:
Btw if your going to buy it from anywhere...GO TO BESTBUY TO GET THE SEXXY EXCLUSIVE BOX ART WITH MY BOY JUSTIN MORNEAU!!!

And zero I think the problem is that you were playing Pittsburg.

Playing Pittsburgh was probably part of it, but the other part is that I had the difficulty on low to get used to the controls first.

Back