Interesting Quote

just so you know, im not speaking my beliefs. im just countering.

why should what the minority want, have to change the lives of the majority?
really? if a person wants to be able to sleep with their family (consenting) why should they not be allowed to?
But things like gay marriage don't change the lives of the majority. It doesn't affect them at all.

As for sleeping with family: if they consent, then they should be allowed to.

That doesn't mean atheists can't be close minded, and theists can't be open minded, though.

True. But for the reason that the OP stated in one of his posts, my generalized statement is more or less true.

Wow. You guys should make a little more sense in your posts.

Exactly what are you failing to understand? What isn't making sense to you?

Only posts I see on this thread that don't make any sense are yours and parts of rukus'(the whole gay marriage changes the lives of the majority thing).

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

-Epicurus

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"

-Epicurus

An old theologian once deduced:

God is all powerful and all loving, but does not know about the evil on Earth.
God is all powerful and all knowing, but does not love us enough to stop evil on the Earth.
God is all loving and all knowing but does not have the power to stop evil on the Earth.

-Opens eyes wide- "Look i'm american!" ~ my chinese friend
-Dresses like a slut- "look i'm american!" ~My chinese friend when we went shopping lol

-Opens eyes wide- "Look i'm american!" ~ my chinese friend
-Dresses like a slut- "look i'm american!" ~My chinese friend when we went shopping lol
I fail to see how that has ANYTHING to do with this thread

I fail to see how that has ANYTHING to do with this thread

how do you fail to see it? It's an interesting quote thread so i posted an interesting quote, how do you not see it?

No this is a thread about an "interesting quote". Not an "intresting quote thread". There's a difference.

An old theologian once deduced:

God is all powerful and all loving, but does not know about the evil on Earth.
God is all powerful and all knowing, but does not love us enough to stop evil on the Earth.
God is all loving and all knowing but does not have the power to stop evil on the Earth.

i don't see why God is bound to rules of this earth.

Back