Interesting Quote

Only if one was an idiot, then he's left struggling with what he thinks it could mean, confused between multiple end points. You are clearly too narrow minded to understand what he was getting at.

It's impossible to avoid miscommunication if thousands you don't know reads your message.

In my view, there's nothing wrong with religion. The problem comes when you try to force your beliefs on others, e.g. California's Proposition 8.

You do not know what he was getting at because that quote can have many different meanings. Now you are being close-minded. LOL

/facepalm

I think it's quite obvious at what he was getting at.

What exactly do you think it means?
You haven't even stated a legitimate reason why you think he is close-minded.

If I created a thread on every single quote I thought great, Winston Churchill knowledge on this forum would go up by 200%. As it stands, I'm damn sure there's something in the rules that prohibits that, and probably this excuse for a debate.

Oh, and here's another interesting quote to ponder about:

What a **** thread

Amen.

In my view, there's nothing wrong with religion. The problem comes when you try to force your beliefs on others, e.g. California's Proposition 8.

actually thats democracy in action. the public voting for what the majority wants.

actually thats democracy in action. the public voting for what the majority wants.
But in a true democracy, everyone should have the same rights, otherwise it's only a democracy for some people. Marriage should be legal for anyone, and if you think it's immoral for two people of the same gender to marry... well, you don't have to do it.

Only if one was an idiot, then he's left struggling with what he thinks it could mean, confused between multiple end points. You are clearly too narrow minded to understand what he was getting at.
You do not even know the guy and you claim to know what he was getting at. Close-minded. Maybe he isn't talking about religion. What if he is challenging science? Maybe one day he thought "Hey, I don't believe this gravity nonsense. Maybe something else is holding me on the ground." I said he seems close-minded because he sounds as if he doesn't know much about different beliefs if he thinks they make people ignorant.

Fact of the matter is that you don't know exactly what he meant. On the contrary, my friend, you are the narrow-minded one.

DRMARIO said:
Stating fact, or logic, does not make you closed minded.
Now where do you see fact/logic in this thread?

@Chewy
^Your answer is somewhere up there.

You do not even know the guy and you claim to know what he was getting at. Close-minded. Maybe he isn't talking about religion. What if he is challenging science? Maybe one day he thought "Hey, I don't believe this gravity nonsense. Maybe something else is holding me on the ground." I said he seems close-minded because he sounds as if he doesn't know much about different beliefs if he thinks they make people ignorant.

I don't recall Gikoku saying that his quote was about religion. If he wasn't talking about religion, it would be an open minded quote as well.

Your reason for him being close minded makes absolutely no sense at all. You're saying that he thinks all people with beliefs are all close minded, when that doesn't even make sense.

Everyone has beliefs. For example it is Gerry's belief that you shouldn't set your beliefs in stone.

But in a true democracy, everyone should have the same rights, otherwise it's only a democracy for some people. Marriage should be legal for anyone,

i disagree :)

in REAL democracy (not what we have), the MAJORITY chooses what is right and wrong. if the maj. don't want people to wear hats, then they will vote to ban it. if they want to require everyone to eat their garbage, then they vote for it.

in the bastardized democracy we have here, the majority makes their choice, but if the government doesn't agree, they change it to whatever the goverment believes is "best for the majority" (ie: prop. 8)

and if you think it's immoral for two people of the same gender to marry... well, you don't have to do it.

or is it that the minority should then go somewhere else? why should the content majority be forced to change b/c someone doesn't like they way things are?

i disagree :)

in REAL democracy (not what we have), the MAJORITY chooses what is right and wrong. if the maj. don't want people to wear hats, then they will vote to ban it. if they want to require everyone to eat their garbage, then they vote for it.

in the bastardized democracy we have here, the majority makes their choice, but if the government doesn't agree, they change it to whatever the goverment believes is "best for the majority" (ie: prop. 8)

or is it that the minority should then go somewhere else? why should the content majority be forced to change b/c someone doesn't like they way things are?
So tell me Rukus, why does it have to be banned? Why can't "the MAJORITY" ignore it and let people who had the sheer audacity to be gay just go about their business? Why should they have to leave the places they grew up in and move to somewhere they've never been just to get the same rights you have? And would you be so fine with it if it were heterosexual marriage they were banning?

Maybe he is just saying that he would rather explore life himself than just take things as they are given to him.

Religion is preached, constantly, and that effects your judgment on the matter. His quote could be symbolizing that belief is the will of other people, which he wants to break free from. He could be trying to say that he wants to find his own way in life, not conform to another person's beliefs.
It doesn't necessarily mean he's an atheist, but rather it could mean that he wants to find his own spiritual truths that correspondent directly to him.

just so you know, im not speaking my beliefs. im just countering.

why should what the minority want, have to change the lives of the majority?
really? if a person wants to be able to sleep with their family (consenting) why should they not be allowed to?

The theory of evolution?
Nah, God did it.

The Big Bang theory?
Nah, God did it.

The Earth not being the centre of the universe?
God says no.

Sex without marriage?
God says no!

Homosexuality?
GOD SAYS NO.

Bastard children?
God says hell to the no.

I think this is what he's talking about.

A theist calling an atheist close minded is like a banana calling someone yellow.

Back