Internet Connection Ideas

zurukea

Billy Talent is awesomest
Jun 20, 2007
Newfoundland, Canada
Well I got a computer in my room. The main computer and networking is upstairs and I need ideas. My dad dosn't mind putting in a cable but it will take like 6 weeks to come in from Hong Kong, I have WiFi and my Wii downstairs. ANy ideas on what I can do, is there anything ican attach to the computer to pick up wifi, need ideas fast. Please tell me if you know any common stores that sell what ursuggesting. I need to talk to my GF on MSN and can't use the main computer cause its a secret GF lolz

I though I could use a USB cord to attach the Wii to a PC and use it as a reciever, will that work?

If you have WiFi in the house, you should be able to just attach a wireless card in one of the PC slots, I'll try and look up some more info for you later on, but I think mine came with the Linksys Router.

is it possible to get some sort of attachment so that i can have two lines coming from my modem... one for wii one for pc? i'm sure i'm talking crap here or something very simple...

owlsgo said:
is it possible to get some sort of attachment so that i can have two lines coming from my modem... one for wii one for pc? i'm sure i'm talking crap here or something very simple...

That's basically what a router does - lets multiple devices connect to the internet. If you get a wireless router you won't even need to run a wire to the Wii (wireless routers typically have several ethernet jacks on them for wired connections in addition to wireless connections).

That was I was going to do but I find the WIFI laggy, I was going to use a wired modem udstairs. Run a wire downstairs and connect it to another wireless router. Then I'll strong WIFi for the Wii and DS and a lan connection for 360 and PC, thoughts?

Back