Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Internet Connection Ideas

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by zurukea, Nov 9, 2007.

1. zurukea

zurukea Billy Talent is awesomest

Well I got a computer in my room. The main computer and networking is upstairs and I need ideas. My dad dosn't mind putting in a cable but it will take like 6 weeks to come in from Hong Kong, I have WiFi and my Wii downstairs. ANy ideas on what I can do, is there anything ican attach to the computer to pick up wifi, need ideas fast. Please tell me if you know any common stores that sell what ursuggesting. I need to talk to my GF on MSN and can't use the main computer cause its a secret GF lolz

I though I could use a USB cord to attach the Wii to a PC and use it as a reciever, will that work?

2. radical

radical rock & role model

Wii Friend Code: 3566-2838-2920-1663
    3566-2838-2920-1663
    If you have WiFi in the house, you should be able to just attach a wireless card in one of the PC slots, I'll try and look up some more info for you later on, but I think mine came with the Linksys Router.

3. owlsgo

owlsgo czech me out.

Wii Friend Code: 2882-9149-7173-3516
    2882-9149-7173-3516
    is it possible to get some sort of attachment so that i can have two lines coming from my modem... one for wii one for pc? i'm sure i'm talking crap here or something very simple...

4. Skippy

Skippy WiiChat Member

That's basically what a router does - lets multiple devices connect to the internet. If you get a wireless router you won't even need to run a wire to the Wii (wireless routers typically have several ethernet jacks on them for wired connections in addition to wireless connections).

5. zurukea

zurukea Billy Talent is awesomest

That was I was going to do but I find the WIFI laggy, I was going to use a wired modem udstairs. Run a wire downstairs and connect it to another wireless router. Then I'll strong WIFi for the Wii and DS and a lan connection for 360 and PC, thoughts?