Internet On Wii

Matt's_A_Bluebird

Proud Owner Of A Wii
Mar 13, 2007
CARDIFF IN WALES!
Wii Online Code
7591-7050-1749-1437

My friends told me I have to type my WEP key into the wii before connecting to the internet. I don't know if this is true but if it is it would be annoying as I don't know mine. I think that you don't need to type it if you have an insecure wireless internet network. Am I right?

I'M GETTING MY wii 2MOZ, WOOOOOOOOOO! Thanks. :thumbsup:

Ridewithme38 said:
I don't have to...My wireless internet network is very insecure..Don't know about other people though
its best to set up security. you don't want the next door ass to leech off you.

Congrats on getting your wii! Welcome to the forum!
It depends on your wireless router, if you have wep enabled on your router, your going to have to ask whoever it is for the code, once you have entered it you wont have to do it again if you have wiiconnect24 on (internet connectivity 24/7 (i assume you know that)).
But if it is 'unsecure', you can just connect to it. I hope this has cleared out any problems for you.
Enjoy the forum and your wii for tomorow :D

Thanks everyone, did help. When I connect my laptop it says that its insecure so it should just connect. Thanks anyway. I'm not gonna worry about next door, to one side is an old woman with wires, no router and to the other side is a family with their own insecure network. Lol, always pick it up, but I'm not gonna use it!

Matt's_A_Bluebird said:
Thanks everyone, did help. When I connect my laptop it says that its insecure so it should just connect. Thanks anyway. I'm not gonna worry about next door, to one side is an old woman with wires, no router and to the other side is a family with their own insecure network. Lol, always pick it up, but I'm not gonna use it!
then you are sorted. use it as it is. the old lady isn't going to set up here network anytime soon...

Oh yeah. Does anybody know when net-play is going to be introduced to the wii, I wana play my friends but the ones with wiis live in a different village!

the pokemon game is the first online for sure. and it doesnt matter if your friends are in another town. i have people in the uk that are on my wii and im in the us

1. the wii can't find available networks like your laptop can so you have to put in a wep code and
2. to minimize the annoyances of connecting your wii online make sure your router is on channel 1 or 11

Back