Investing in Nintendo

Good luck, hope you make $$$.

Seems a tad bit late though now, since the Wii's momentum is dying down as people buy them.

I wish I had the $ to invest in Nintendo. I have about $1200 or so, but it's kinda important that i dont lose that, im gonna need it when i get to college.

Anyways, why not invest in Apple too? They're very similar to Nintendo in that they were hot, they cooled off, and now they're on fire again. Even if the iPhone bombs, i still think Apple will keep improving.

Oh, and sell all stock in Sony. I think we all know why. Besides the PS3, Sony has been pissing off customers left and right.

Valley said:
Good luck, hope you make $$$.

Seems a tad bit late though now, since the Wii's momentum is dying down as people buy them.

Ya it's a bit too late to make huge $$, but Wii's are still flying off the shelves and there are no signs of the operation slowing down. I'd say it'll keep growing for a longgg while.

If you ever consider buying a lottery ticket, you're wasting your cash. Investing in the stock market is a gamble, but at least there you have practical odds.

Yea Nintendo is the way to go to make some money. My brother and I told my dad to take his money out of Sony and put it into Nintendo. He never told me how much money he got. I don't think he got much considering the little amount of shares he bought.

The stock market is a great thing if you no to quite when your ahead. My father works for a transport company. When he got the job there they offered him shares at something like 10 cents. It was a small company back then (15 years ago) Now its one of the biggest transport companies in Australia and is now international. The shares my father bought for ruffly 10cents are worth about $25 AUS each. My farther bought alot at 10cents, He has since sold ruffly a quater of them and that money he made is now building us a brand new home. My advice dont be to greedy.

1000$ is NOTHING, you arent going to make any real money investing only 1000$ especially when it's going to peak, or even fall soon

the jump from 22$ to 46$ was a gradual one, as the Wii was gaining populatiry and selling out everywhere, and even then IT ONLY DOUBLED!

so your 1000$ would have became like 2300$ over that time period

People make more money selling the wii's then that.

take 1000$ and invest it in somthing high risk

buying shares at anything over 46$ a peice, with such a little investment like 1000$ is useless, unless your prepared to hold onto it like LONG LONG term, and hope nintendo comes out with a new system when you own more shares/are worth much more

Last edited:
the point is....im 17 and any profit would be greatly appreciated. this way i dont need to find a job and i can be a full time stock trader before im 20 if all goes well. haha, thats kind of ridiculous but i like how it sounds full time stock trader at the age of 17 im not looking to make a living off buying shares of Nintendo, you know?, just enough to buy SSMB when it comes out

You seem very ambitious :lol:
Good luck in your profit making! :)
Lee.J

Warren Buffet (One of the riches people in the world) believes that you should invest in things that you use. Go to Sears for clothes? Buy Sears stock. Drink Coke? Buy Coke stock. Play Nintendo games? Buy Nintendo stock.

It's made him a billionaire and others millionaires.

LoganSix said:
Warren Buffet (One of the riches people in the world) believes that you should invest in things that you use. Go to Sears for clothes? Buy Sears stock. Drink Coke? Buy Coke stock. Play Nintendo games? Buy Nintendo stock.

It's made him a billionaire and others millionaires.

uhg..because his biggest strategy is to hold onto shares "forever"

the guy had so much money to begin with, when u have money you make money

Eddienoteddy said:
the point is....im 17 and any profit would be greatly appreciated. this way i dont need to find a job and i can be a full time stock trader before im 20 if all goes well. haha, thats kind of ridiculous but i like how it sounds full time stock trader at the age of 17 im not looking to make a living off buying shares of Nintendo, you know?, just enough to buy SSMB when it comes out

u want some good advice? go out and get a job, save up, and buy real estate if you actually are looking to make somthing of yourself, because no offense, but if u need to invest money and earn proffit to buy a Wii game, your in the wrong line of work

not to mention your plan sounds horrible.

Digitalldj said:
uhg..because his biggest strategy is to hold onto shares "forever"

the guy had so much money to begin with, when u have money you make money

Smart investing isn't about trying to make a quick buck.
If you want to make a quick buck, got to Vegas.

Also, my point was, Warren made a lot of money for people who didn't have a ton of money to start with. They invested with him, he had/has a winning strategy that made them a lot of money.

He began working at his father's brokerage at the age of 11, and that same year made his first stock purchase, buying Cities Services shares for $38.25 each. He sold them when the price reached $40, only to see them rocket to $200 a few years later. This taught him the importance of investing in good companies for the long term.

Ya Ive thought about doing this before, my friend is a big stock trader here in Miami and if I were to invest money it would be through him first....

Im gonna run some numbers with him and tell you guys what his thoughts on investing on Nintendo would be, Im guessing he is gonna be against it he is all about investing in small companies with a future.

Digitalldj said:
u want some good advice? go out and get a job, save up, and buy real estate if you actually are looking to make somthing of yourself, because no offense, but if u need to invest money and earn proffit to buy a Wii game, your in the wrong line of work

not to mention your plan sounds horrible.
I agree. Use that $1000 for something more short term.

Back