Is BWII really worth it?

I just got it and it was worth it for me. I'm a fan of the series, so i figured why not get it. The control system worked out really well. It's easy to command your units as a whole, or set individual targets for each. Online is fun, but I wish there were more options (co-op skirmish?, setting your own time limits?, point limit in skirmish?. etc..)

For me, it was worth it. It was my first Wii online game, and the Wi-Fi play is really fun. There are three modes online, with unlockable content. The story mode seems short, but if you have your Wii connected to the internet, you'll have lots of fun . If you don't mind the cartoon style, the graphics actually look pretty good. If you like war games or strategy games, you'll like Battalion Wars 2.

Well worth $50 for the online play alone. I didn't buy the first BW, but played it. After getting BWII I went and purchased the first game at GameStop.

I recommend it. Lots of replay value because of the online play. You can't say that for most console games. Mario Galaxy will be a game you play once and shelf it. BWII you will play for awhile because of the online stuff.

Tek720 said:
I recommend it. Lots of replay value because of the online play. You can't say that for most console games. Mario Galaxy will be a game you play once and shelf it. BWII you will play for awhile because of the online stuff.

i disagree, Mario Galaxy looks like it will have tons of gameplay value in it, including the stuff that u never seen b4, BWII is for the weak mind'd imo.

phillepino said:
hmm is der anyway to play with 2 players with 1 wii?

Nope. Seems all the good games lately have left that out. At least Brawl will have 4....

Is there actually any strategy involved in this game? I own the first and found it pretty devoid of any strategy. You could try to be strategic and command your troops around, but it always seemed that the best way to play (and often the only way) is to just run around as a huge force and blast things to pieces. It just became a plain old run and gun shooter.

Theres lots of good arguments in this thread and since im also in two minds wether to buy it or not ive been reading intently.

At first when i visited the sight i dismissed it simply because of the cartoonish graphics and it didnt look like a good game initially, but to hear it has online play? That perks up my interest, with so little wi-fi games out i might just prefer this game to any other one thats out right now, besides i love military games and this one sound pretty fun come to think of it.

Atomheart said:
Is there actually any strategy involved in this game? I own the first and found it pretty devoid of any strategy. You could try to be strategic and command your troops around, but it always seemed that the best way to play (and often the only way) is to just run around as a huge force and blast things to pieces. It just became a plain old run and gun shooter.

It depends on the mission. There are some cases where you can do that and other cases where they will wipe you out if you do that.

Back