Is Call Of Duty 3 Worth Getting?

WiiPlaya

WiiChat Member
Dec 31, 2006
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Wii Online Code
3415-0647-7515-5310
i've heard from some sources that its an awsome game, great controls, great graphics and evrerything. but from other sources, ive heard otherwise. i just wanted to know from someone who really has the game...what is it like? are the grapics as bad as they look in screenshots? do the controls work as bad as said they do? and my #1 question WILL IT HAVE ONLINE MULTIPLAYER in the future?

thx

I can only assume it will be pretty good for those that haven't tried out any of the previous Call of Duty games yet (be it on PC, PS2, Xbox, w/e). I've played every Call of Duty available on PC, so when I got CoD 3 for the Wii, I set my expectations very high for it. I'd say the IGN review of Call of Duty 3 for the Wii is pretty accurate, it's fun once the Wiimote becomes second nature, but I wouldn't mind going back to the PC (sidenote: CoD3 is not available for the PC). Overall, in my opinion, Call of Duty 3 is more of a "go rent it and see what you get" than a must-buy, while I was playing it, it made wonder how much fun I probably would've had if I had bought Zelda instead.

Edited to be a coherent rant than just a rant. :)

Last edited:
alright...yes i have cod2 for my gamecube...disgisting graphics arent good at all...i heard it was supposed to be one of the better games (graphically) for the wii...COD3 and Red Steel...i have red steel and beat it...have zelda and beat it...have monkeyball just dont even wanna play it...and i love shooter games...perhaps i should resort to farcry

the graphics look alright. it looks considerably better in 480p. its a fun game though, and the aiming control is probably the best in any wii fps. (far cry may control better but doesnt count bc its the biggest waste of a wii disc ever)

I haven't regretted getting CoD3 yet. :) There isn't any multiplayer (and probably won't be until CoD4), which is a shame (less replayability), but it's still a great game. Once you get used to the controls (and/or change the sensitivities) and it becomes natural, it's much better.

I rented Red Steel and played it quite a bit the last few days - gotta give the hands up to CoD3 though. Red Steel has sword fights and multiplayer, but that's about it.

Back