Is Gamestop/EB Games good with their trade-ins?

Trade in values suck.

I traded in Scarface, Red Steel and Super Monkey Ball for Metroid Prime 3: Corruption because they had a 3 for 1 deal on it. When they swiped them through the scanner i think the trade in values were $18, $16 and $12 so they had to bump them all up to $20. Worked out well on Red Steel though, i bought it used for $20, completed it and then got $20 credit for it.

Oh gosh, never trade in your games at those places. I learned my lesson when I got $4 each for a bunch of games and watched the guy slap $19.99 and $24.99 pricetags on them immediately after.

I recommend finding some kind of buy/sell/trade forum local to your area. If you're in Canada, definitely try Red Flag Deals...I've sold several Wii games for $40-$45 there. Sometimes people just want to save the retail tax, they don't mind paying a good amount if the games have been gently used.

Gamestop is a little two-faced when it comes to trade-ins. I personally will not do it anymore. I had to trade-in my DS Lite along with 7-8 games and I only got about what you would pay for a brand new DS Lite. Serious BS! If you are curious about their trade-in value's just read this list:

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/trade-ins/trade-ins.asp

You will see how badly they suck!!

I was going to go trade in some games 5 actually... cooking mamma, trauma center, redsteel, godfather, and splinter cell. i think i still might but i know ill get so little for what i paid :(

Just trade in 5 or more games and you will get 30% more. (until the 9th of December)

I just learned about goozex and am using that. I got alot of games for the wii on discount, but they aren't the games I'm wanting. So I'm going to try to trade them for other games.

Back