Is It Worth Buying

Eum..obviously if you are on a Wii forum..means you should be somewhat interested. So..eum yeah it is completely worth it. ( may i suggest both MP3 and Twilight Princess)

Thanks for the input. I've been bouncing around random ideas for my next game system.

Is the way you control the wii okay? I've heard from some people that the conttrols took some getting used too.

Nop...keep pilling and buy a 360...:lol:

Honestly it depends on the kind of game you like. I personally appreciate all my regular nintendo franchise (TW,MP3...).

But honestly you wont find alot of good games from third party games yet...there mostly on 360...EA is starting to do good stuff...but we still need more title.

I'm a Wii60 so i use my 360 for all third party games and use my wii for nintendo franchise products.

out of 10 games I own on my wii i still got 6 all nintendo product. So like i said it depends on you. Its still a good machine to play the few top games of gamecube.

i love the Wii man , other systems ya just sit back and be like **** it and just use hands sitting still and nothing , wii your moving and its just that more fun

YES! Definantly! I highly recomend it if you like Nintendo. There's plenty of great games out now and coming.

The Wii is Worth it.
First look at the price, its $250 or whatever. For some reason if you don't like it or it wasn't what you thought it would be, it really was not much of a waste. 250 is nothing. Not to mention the fact you could sell it for roughly the same amount, as some people are desperate and still are in need of a Wii.

But yes you should buy one.
There are great games out now like Zelda Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 3.
And great ones coming, like Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

If the price is a factor, wait until the price drop. It should be $100 as Sony did the same with their PS2-3. Microsoft has chosen the $25-$50 price drop, while it's a minus, they said they will do this more frequently. If you are in no rush, see how Brawl turns out, and decide from there.

However... If the Wii price drops to $150 in X-mas, good luck ever getting one in 2008. That would make it a little more expensive than the PS2 which is still outselling all current consoles.

Hopefully you realize that responses on a wii forum are going to be biased.

It honestly depends on whether you're into Nintendo's style or not. Do you like Mario games? Metroid? Zelda? SSB? Kirby? Starfox? Donkey Kong?

Can you live without FPS's?

Can you live without the best online gameplay?

Can you live knowing that Nintendo is reluctant to put mahy [necessarily] applications into effect, due to their 'keep the kids safe' policy?

Imho, the pros outweigh the cons, and thats why I still have my wii. Theres no one that can tell you what you should buy.

bln_f said:
I've been pondering saving up for the wii. Is it worth it?

I would sugest you study all three systems. look at what you value most in each one, and make you descision from there.

For me, it was worth it, cuz Nintendo always does something outside the "rules." They break conventions and does something outta the ordinary. I like thier games. Something about the art style and colors, the cheerfull nature of them attracted me to gaming when I first began playing them. The first machine I bought new was the N64. That machine and its games gave me hours of good times and pleasent memories. The Game Cube wasn't as good as the N64 to me, but i still played some good fun games on it. Like Luigies Mansion and Pickman.

I just wish that the games industry and the developers take Nintendo more seriously and begin making top teir game for the Wii.

Last edited:
^I suggest that you go to a PS3/XB360 forum and ask the same question before you make your decision.

It isn't as obvious of a choice as these posts make it seem.

Back