is religion real ?

But it's also limited: some scientific issues we'll never know the answer to are at least partially solved by religion in the minds of theists.
How do you know that we'll never know those answers? Consider all the things people never thought we would know a few hundred years ago, and look at us now.

But it's also limited: some scientific issues we'll never know the answer to are at least partially solved by religion in the minds of theists.
Solved? More like guessed.

Besides, with the development of science, there are things though impossible becoming possible.

That's the problem with looking into the future, you never know what we'll find possible.

I sincerely doubt we'll ever progress much more in terms of science and technology than we already have. Of course, I'd love to be proven wrong...

That's what they were saying before the invention of the car...

http://www.newscientist.com/article...devices-that-could-soon-be-in-your-hands.html
Interesting article.

It's amazing how we're inspired by media productions. Wonder if we would've even tried doing things like teleporting without Star Trek...

Do you buy BBC's Focus magazine by the way? It's fantastic for doting scientists such as yourself.

And yes, the techological revolutions of the past thirty years have been marvellous- but surely the science of teleportation or time travel isn't actually possible?

Time will tell.

You're just not being imaginative, Navarre. Look at the science and technology of today, like genetic engineering, the internet, or the discovery of planets beyond our solar system. They were science fiction only a few decades ago. I think it's reasonable to assume that we're going to continue advancing for a while yet.

Do you buy BBC's Focus magazine by the way? It's fantastic for doting scientists such as yourself.

And yes, the techological revolutions of the past thirty years have been marvellous- but surely the science of teleportation or time travel isn't actually possible?

Time will tell.
Not really heard of it.

Though me and my girlfriend are avid readers of New Scientist. It's weekly and it's quite thorough.

How good is it? I pressume you're a reader if you're recommending it to me.

I sincerely doubt we'll ever progress much more in terms of science and technology than we already have. Of course, I'd love to be proven wrong...

We always see stuff like this in those futuristic Sci-Fi films with paper thin display panels producing high-definition visuals.. Was viewed as an excellent idea, but physically impossible..

[video=youtube;NcAm3KihFho]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcAm3KihFho[/video]

Humans' continuous advance in technology continues to break the boundaries between what is believed to be only possible in imagination and reality.

I assure you, if humans never discovered science and technological advancements, and only relied on Religion.. we would have not gotten this far, at all. I can easily see technology advancing much further than what we've currently invented.

i totally agree with you.
its not easy living in a corrupt world with sooo much pain and agony, so they need something to ease that.
however i do believe that people can be smart and realize that religion is false.

not only that there are too many things that can prove religion is false and i don't know anyone who can prove religion true.

there are a lot of things that proves religon true.

Last edited:
duh douche bag. there are a lot of things that proves religon true.
You do realise that post is from months ago, right? But meh, nothing else is happening in this forum at the moment, so I guess I'll respond.

First off, there's the problem of "which religion?", because they can't all be right. But the bigger problem is "what exactly do mean by 'religion'?", i.e. are you saying the general points of the religion are true, or the entire holy book(s) are true and infallible? It's quite clear that pretty much every creation story is wrong, at least in their most literal interpretations. For example, only the most die-hard, scientifically-ignorant Biblical literalist could still argue the Earth is just 10,000 or so years old.

The question of whether a God exists though, is still open for debate. I personally think there isn't a God, but I acknowledge I could be wrong.

Teleportatioin is possible, Germany did it!

that's right teleportation is 100% possible, it just is much more complicated than one would imagine. for a while the best that scientists could do was teleport singular photons. Now they've advanced a bit to doing multi-atom structures, but that's as far as they've gotten...for now.

I recommend the book [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Physics-Impossible-Scientific-Exploration-Teleportation/dp/0307278824/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1246644811&sr=8-1"]The Physics of the Impossible[/ame] by Michio Kaku. It's a really awesome book and touches on all kinds of "impossibilities" and how they may one day become reality.

But on topic, I do believe that religion is real and that science often gives us the "how" while our religions give us the "why".

Back