Is Zelda overrated?

Spride

Lifes Helix!?
Mar 7, 2007
Gloucestershire
I'm probably in a minority but I think Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess is overrated. I've played it through and agree it's a good game but only as good as say Fable on the Xbox, plus once completed it has no replay value.:wtf: Give me Excite Truck or Rayman Raving Rabbids anyday;)

Spride said:
I'm probably in a minority but I think Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess is overrated. I've played it through and agree it's a good game but only as good as say Fable on the Xbox, plus once completed it has no replay value.:wtf: Give me Excite Truck or Rayman Raving Rabbids anyday;)

i disagree. I have beaten TP 3 times so far.

I also disagree because I have played through that game and it has more than enough to offer. Its simply a classic.

Byuakuya said:
I also disagree because I have played through that game and it has more than enough to offer. Its simply a classic.

classic is what I thought of it to but I thought they dident bring enough to the table gameplay wise it reminded me of OOT way to much which many might like but origanality in a zelda game would be nice

I think its rated about right maybe a tad high. Im not dissing tp in but i hope the next zelda games can some new gameplay elements

I've never really cared for Zelda games... Ocarina of Time was good and all, but I wasn't one of those obsessive kids. When I started playing TP I was bored... it actually took me a month to get into it, but now I love it. I'm starting to see more of those RPG (story) elements that I love, and it's very interesting now.

As for replay value... varies between people. Most adventure games are only good one or two times through.

I think it is a bit over rated... it is awesome for the wii controls and an overall great game but saying that its the reason to buy a wii(as said by egm magazine)is a bit much!

i never was a big zelda fan, was more into the FF series on PS, but after playing TP on wii ive picked up on the addiction,still prefer the FF series (only up to FF 8 ) but i can see why zelda fans would replay over and over again, plus i like the ability to swing my sword in real time,unlike the turnbased FF series. Slightly overrated but still awesome! i will be playing it again.

I think its a great first game for the Wii. I love it.

Favorite part so far is tearing across Hyrule Field on the horse, very fun.

Yes I think it is over rated too. it is a one way game and you have to go the way the makers have it set up. I would like to have seen different ways of getting to the bosses then just one way. Also the game isn't really true Zelda. You had to refight things in the area you have already been in once when you went back through them, not the Zelda on the NES.....

Back