Issues when trying to play GC games on the Wii without a GC memory card.

RaptorZX3 said:
strangely, a lot of peoples have defective units, but mine is still working fine since i bought it on launch day.

i put it on horizontal position, since the air intake seem to be clogged by the vertical stand...cos even if there's space for the intake, the actual airflow space is very narrow.

plus, i think i'll never put my Wii in Sleep Mode again, since the fan stops working in this mode and the system get hotter than when running ON normally.

It will be at a certain temperature and that is fine, as long as it doesn't start getting increasingly warmer when on standby.

i just wish Nintendo would fix that temperature problem and let the fan run even in Sleep Mode (firmware update?)...it's quiet enough so it wouldn't be a trouble going to sleep with the Wii in Sleep Mode, so you can still receive messages on it without the system getting warmer/hotter...

Last edited:
I'm having the same problem with F-Zero GX on the Wii. I can't get past the memory card save option screen. I never had a Gamecube console, but I picked up a GC memory card figuring that was the problem, but I still can't get past the memory card save option screen. I am trying to use the classic controller, because I don't have a GC controller. Could that be the problem? Do I need a GameCube controller?

Last edited:
you need a Gamecube controller, and try to get a Nintendo-brand memory card for GC. because i experienced data loss with a 3rd-party one.

i tried F-Zero GX on mine and it works fine.

paintba||er said:
PS1 saves on a PS2 memory card.

When did this happen?!!!! My FF games won't save on it at all nor my Spyro games!!! I got meselfs a PS1 Memory card with a PS1 controller. Ccontroller works on PS2 btw.

Your problem? Just get another cheap one that you can use while looking for your main one(I suggest MadCats)

Back