ITT: Real Men Use Items!

Jay61 said:
They don't explode til you hit them though, you can cancel out some moves so why not just cancel? Fair enough if it was one of the ones you can't with mind. And besides, its not like it isnt effecting the enemy too..from what you described you were either aiming for the oppenent and this magic bomb appeared right in your path, which would most likely hurt both of you..or you were just jumping around randomly asking for trouble.
Most aerial moves cannot be abruptly canceled willfully. I'm not sure where that idea came from. I started the move and hit an explosive that spawned after I started it, so it was completely beyond my control. Yes, I was aiming for my opponent (and I would have connected), but the explosive killed me and barely missed my victim both times, so the tradeoffs are not as peachy as you make them sound. And I never jump around randomly.
Jay61 said:
And as for spawning on you and exploding, you must be the unluckiest person in the world...boxes barrels and capsules spawn over my head all the time and they dont explode...unless I wack 'em.
That's my point. I fly through the air to finish my opponent, and an item conveniently intercepts me. Yeah, that's really fair.
Jay61 said:
Oh and as for them "plastering my face into the ground" they probably could. But I know I would have more fun in the match than them as I wouldnt approach it overly competitive.
You must've missed my earlier comment. You cannot define fun for me or anyone else, but while you are at it, I would argue that I have far more fun than most causal players any day. And how do you define fun anyway? More laughing? More emotional highs? Seriously, using "fun" as your argument is pointless and gets you nowhere.
Jay61 said:
Its aways nice to have the balls to take a risk anyway..I think thats what it means by real men use items.
Well, you have fun with that. Defending items has dangerous implications about your skill because what happens when you play a match without items? Suddenly, you have nothing to hide behind, and the entire match depends on your ability to play your character. Who has the skill now?

Buzz said:
Well, you have fun with that. Defending items has dangerous implications about your skill because what happens when you play a match without items? Suddenly, you have nothing to hide behind, and the entire match depends on your ability to play your character. Who has the skill now?
I don't really care either way about winning or losing..obviously I'd rather win, but as long as it was a good match I'm happy. People are more skilled than me..plenty of people are..thats obvious.

And its not fair or unfair..its all luck. And its a game man, lucks a big part of any game, as well as skill.

Buzz said:

You're acting like all people who play without items are better than all people who play with items,

I perfer to play with items, less boring and more fun, however when i play in tourneys with my friends i play without them and still usually tend to come in the top 3(of 16)

What happens to someone who dosn't play with items? There is a lot of strategy when it comes to item...(i.e. someone could easily dodge a thrown baseball bat, but to set your opponent up so they can't dodge takes skill/strategy)

When you think about it items permit more stratergys...I never really thought of that. Nice one mushroomedmario.

Jay61 said:
I don't really care either way about winning or losing..obviously I'd rather win, but as long as it was a good match I'm happy. People are more skilled than me..plenty of people are..thats obvious.

And its not fair or unfair..its all luck. And its a game man, lucks a big part of any game, as well as skill.
Then why do you care at all about the way tournament players play? Why do people like you go out of their way to "define" skill and say how unskilled we are for not using items? If smash is all about having crazy fun (for the record, I do play with items when chillin'), go have your fun! Tournament players never go out of their way to say "casual players play the game wrong", but casual players become all offended and indignant when they are told they are not very good. If it's about having fun, why does that hurt?

I don't..I never said I cared how "you all" (Erm..) played...your the one who was going out of your way to call me unskilled :/

The closest thing to that I've said is "Its aways nice to have the balls to take a risk anyway..I think thats what it means by real men use items." And thats just me stating how I interpreted the phrase.

And you keep saying I'm getting offended by being called not good..
"I don't really care either way about winning or losing..obviously I'd rather win, but as long as it was a good match I'm happy. People are more skilled than me..plenty of people are..thats obvious." That doesnt sound like I'm offended...if it does in any way shape or form I can assure you I didnt intend it.

Ah, gotcha, sorry.

Ha, I Saw That Too... I Lol'd.

Nedds To Put More Items Though, on There...

Back