Ivana

I have 3 ivana loadouts i currently use:
1. Laser+SS+RA
2.Laser+SS+LF
3. Reflex+SS+RA

I use a silenced Ivana with a toros as my secondary with proxies and heavy hitter.

My tips:

Silencer: use HH with RA (or multitask if you like to snipe)

ACOG: Use stacked armor.

Laser: Use speed loader / lightfoot with AR or multitask if you snipe.

Reflex Sight: I don't know because I never used it long enough.

You should always have on stack armor class to counter tubers, snipers and Shotguns (Drumhead with HH though will still be a one hit kill). Bio Booster also protects you from melee attacks. You should use the ACOG Ivana on large maps, where players are more likely to snipe, so stacked armor will help. The Silencer Ivana should be used when you need it on any map really, so the HH and RA are the best all round options. Laser Ivana is a good option on maps like Docks, Archives and Industrial. So the Speed Loader and Lightfoot will help in close combat (Light Foot makes it easy to strafe). RA will also help VS Tubers and Shotguns, which helps on Archives.

If you use the Wii Mote though Snap Shot might be good. If you're good enough without it though you really should use something better. And RTM's and your secondary class (Wolfe) will help in those close situations where Snap Shot is used effectively.

Last edited:
Honestly though, it probably comes down to preference and playing style.

Honestly though, it probably comes down to preference and playing style.

Precisely. The ivana is one of my favorite guns because it can move a lot of ammo quickly and thus kill quickly. I use it one of two ways...silenced with lightfoot, or HH with laser. Silenced on the large maps just so I don't show up on sniper-radar, and HH pretty much anytime else. A lot of people would argue that you don't need HH on the ivana if it is not silenced, but using it that way, IMO, makes it the "fastest" killing gun/combo in the game. Meaning - if we shoot at each other at the SAME exact time with the SAME exact accuracy, I should win because I fired at you first....and this game is a LOT shoot first, win first. Many times, I just want the "fastest" killing method possible because I do a lot of run n' gun. The strata is another weapon that I use similarly in this way, but I feel it has slightly less accuracy than the ivana at range.

I see. I'm the type of player that leans both deffensive and offensive. Any ideas how to roll with that?

hmm, the ivana + silencer [+HH?] is my most feared foe. that quiet whisper that precedes my death before i can react,what's the best loadout to counter that?personally i love TAVOR + ACOG w/ [usas-12/aa-12 [masty] for close-range [in real life the tavor can carry a noob toob, why can't ivana?]btw, does bio-boost + Reactive really give a chance against snipers & melee? [melee kills me a LOT] because giving up lightfoot or speed reload [a majority of my deaths come while reloading] is a heavy sacrifice

If you are dying THAT much to begin with, then there isn't much that can help you except lots of good old fashioned practice.

[a majority of my deaths come while reloading]

That means you're wastin' too many bullets in every magazine, or reloadin' at improper times. If ya have a lengthy reload (i.e. ya ain't using speed reload), take cover prior to the reload. Or at least don't do it while you're turning a corner or entering a room and have no idea if another player is there. If you're in a really bad spot to reload, bust out the secondary and get outta dodge before reloading.

... Or so my basic knowledge of shooters in general tells me.

That means you're wastin' too many bullets in every magazine, or reloadin' at improper times. If ya have a lengthy reload (i.e. ya ain't using speed reload), take cover prior to the reload. Or at least don't do it while you're turning a corner or entering a room and have no idea if another player is there. If you're in a really bad spot to reload, bust out the secondary and get outta dodge before reloading.

... Or so my basic knowledge of shooters in general tells me.

This is spot-on in Goldeneye. You are 100% correct.

does bio-boost + Reactive really give a chance against snipers & melee? [melee kills me a LOT] because giving up lightfoot or speed reload [a majority of my deaths come while reloading] is a heavy sacrifice

Bio-boost increases your overall health, so you can be melee'd once and survive, Reactive armor increases defense but not health so a melee will still kill you. I recommend putting both on a shotgun loadout so you can (hopefully) survive toob shots and maybe a poorly thrown RTM (a proxie will kill you no matter what unless someone triggers it first). As for snipers, a head shot will always kill you, though I don't know if a pavlov will, but unless they have HH most of the snipers will kill you in 2 bodyshot hits. The Toros,WA2000 and Gambit should take you out in one shot, but they (Except the toros) need to have HH to drop someone in one shot, at least when I use them. For your dying while reloading, there are a few weapons that can have the reload time shortened by meleeing when the clip is full like the Stauger, Wolfe revolver and the Gambit sniper can be sped up by meleeing so when using those, you can have something else in that slot. Hope this helps.

Back