Japan gets Resident Evil VII Cloud Version for the Nintendo Switch

hybrid -x1

~graceful assassin~
Sep 14, 2010
Shooting Star Suimmit
Wii Online Code
1000-2000-3000-4000
Resident Evil VII is getting a Nintendo Switch version, just not in the traditional sense. Titled "Resident Evil VII Cloud", players will be able to download a 45MB launcher onto their Switch, which will stream the entire game through the cloud. You'll need a constant stable internet connection to access it, and as of the initial announcement, it's only going to be available in Japan. All of Resident Evil VII and its DLC content is playable, and there's even a 15 minute free demo of the game for those curious to try it out. After that, it'll cost 2,000 Yen to rent the title for 180 days. Resident Evil VII Cloud will be available on the Japanese Switch eShop on May 24.

Blockbluster's got nothin' on that rental price... and they operated in an acceptable economy eons past, harr harr. I've no interest in this title specifically, but rental-streaming games sounds like a potential return'a the rental business model. 'Least, once digital truly overtakes physical copies, sometime in the future.

I don't stream games at all. I would rather have a straight port or nothing. Input lag, constant buffering as like in YouTube, and the fact that you don't own the game turns me off of those.

Back