wii might be dissapointed..........

And that is as they say... YOUR OPINION! I enjoy Gears of War just like the next person but did it ever come to a point where you as a gamer realized that things will only get better visually? NES 8 bit, SNES 16 bit, Sega Saturn,PSOne 32 bit, N64 64 bit, Dreamcast 128 bit, etc. As you see that's a pattern. What's going to happen when the XBox720 comes out or perhaps PS3. Visual enhancements are a given. These aren't advancements, simply upgrades. Someone had to take a stand and say look, visuals are fine where they are. Let's do something to actually advance gaming. Nintendo hasn't done leaps and bounds that's for sure because motion sensing has been around for awhile but they are the company leading the pack. If I fire up my 360 and compare it to the original XBox, it damn well better look better. Nintendo was just tired of doing the obvious. Now, don't think that they could not compete graphics wise which is why they picked the hardware.Versus bulky they picked small, versus powerhouse they picked efficent, versus buttons they picked motion. I think the system is pretty decent. But trying to compare the 360, PS3 vs. the Wii shouldn't happen because they are TOTALLY two different visions.

Why would you need to purchase different controllers for different games? Example if possible.

i agree, im glad nitendo went out of their way to make our gaming experience alot funner, sure graphics are good but thats not the point of a game cosole

Don't forget about Mario Kart Wii.
That will do well, not as good as Galaxy or Brawl of course.
As well as the games Levesque mentioned, the future doesn't look to bad.

And long future, Sadness could possibly be really good, but no one knows yet as not much has been released :lol: but still, don't question the Wii's future just yet :)

can't wait to get my hands on mp3 my stores all out :( i live in the middle of nowere ssbb better have online... or else ninty or else ....

here is the thing, nintendo is a very good company but they need to make an original 3rd party series for them to make it in that part of the buissness,

sony has the metal gear series, wich is an amazing series, and i know from experience

microsoft has the halo series, wich was a huge market succses

and nintendo has...................??????????? nothing really at the moment

if nintendo wants to capture alot more "mature" audiences, they need to create a series that will leave every nintendo fan satisfied, unless they want those nintendo "mature" audiences to move to the other consoles, nintendo needs to relize that a huge chunk of their market will be coming from the "mature" gamers, and if they dont do something to satify them, then they will not comeback, its simple

every nintendo fan will get tired of mario at one point or another, nintendo needs a good fallback

i for one still enjoy my mario games

agree or disagree?

nintendo has creative developers, it wont take long for them to relize that, im sure they will make the right desicion

ShawVAuto said:
And that is as they say... YOUR OPINION! I enjoy Gears of War just like the next person but did it ever come to a point where you as a gamer realized that things will only get better visually? NES 8 bit, SNES 16 bit, Sega Saturn,PSOne 32 bit, N64 64 bit, Dreamcast 128 bit, etc. As you see that's a pattern. What's going to happen when the XBox720 comes out or perhaps PS3. Visual enhancements are a given. These aren't advancements, simply upgrades. Someone had to take a stand and say look, visuals are fine where they are. Let's do something to actually advance gaming. Nintendo hasn't done leaps and bounds that's for sure because motion sensing has been around for awhile but they are the company leading the pack. If I fire up my 360 and compare it to the original XBox, it damn well better look better. Nintendo was just tired of doing the obvious. Now, don't think that they could not compete graphics wise which is why they picked the hardware.Versus bulky they picked small, versus powerhouse they picked efficent, versus buttons they picked motion. I think the system is pretty decent. But trying to compare the 360, PS3 vs. the Wii shouldn't happen because they are TOTALLY two different visions.

Why would you need to purchase different controllers for different games? Example if possible.
Who said the other systems havnt made any fun games? You didnt like Bioshock? The deffinition of fun, ultimately boiles down to what a single person thinks, and like I said, I personnaly havnt found many games on the Wii fun. Zelda was good, but it put me to sleep all the time (litteraly) and MP3 is sort of good, but still not what I am partial too. You think I dont have my reasons or something? And about that controller bit, I said you didnt HAVE to, but the balance board, zapper, tennis racket, golf club, etc etc. Now most systems have all had a steering wheel and such, but damn...

Last edited:
zapasant93 said:
here is the thing, nintendo is a very good company but they need to make an original 3rd party series for them to make it in that part of the buissness,

sony has the metal gear series, wich is an amazing series, and i know from experience

if nintendo wants to capture alot more "mature" audiences, they need to create a series that will leave every nintendo fan satisfied, unless they want those nintendo "mature" audiences to move to the other consoles, nintendo needs to relize that a huge chunk of their market will be coming from the "mature" gamers, and if they dont do something to satify them, then they will not comeback, its simple

every nintendo fan will get tired of mario at one point or another, nintendo needs a good fallback

agree or disagree?
agree wii all know that mario is a good game but! we do need a super hardcore games

Funny how last generation is completely reversed this generation. PS3 is in last, while Wii is at the top, with xbox in between.

'nother thing that is worth mention about the horrible Wii graphics (Many worse than Gamecubee graphics) is that developers don't bother with graphics, as they know the Wii doesn't support the kind xbox 360 and ps3 do. They don't realize, we want some decency in the visuals. We don't need graphics as high as in Gears of War, but graphics such as in Rogue squadron 2 for the GC should be expected as the worst the graphics should be (which means, they should be good), and the games with better graphics should be like MP3. They are getting there though, at least many of them.

wii for real?

i think the wii will be awesome. Nintendo has finally stepped it up and they are starting to look more hightech with all of the wii's features.

the wii is the top of its game right now, it is out selling each of the other consoles byt atleast 2:1 ratio, this goes to show that graphics isnt all that people care about, i mean yes graphics are a good thing to have, but we dont need a console like ps3 or 360 that are powerful enough to send an email to jesus(exageration), like i said before, if nintendo doesnt come up with a good and enterntaining 3rd party series like ps3 and 360 already have, or they give up on online play (unlikely) what happened to dreamcast will happen to wii, wich is that they sell like crazy at first but then never really paid attention to in the lonrun, and that kinda thing could force nintendo into pulling along with sega, wich is stop making consoles and kiss ps3 and microsoft ass by making them games..... but i really would hope that nintendo goes down to that level

zapasant93 said:

agree or disagree?
Actually Nintendo does have something to pare up with MGS and Halo 3....and thats Mario Galaxy....i know that theres ppl who used to like the Mario franchise but all of a sudden stopped liking it b/c of what happen with "Mario Sunshine", but all thats in the past, as of right now...Galaxy is shaping up to be a Triple-A title in my view. I dont know about anyone else....but i plan to stick with nintendo and not doubt what they do to make their games sell!!!

Ninty ppl are very tricky

CyanRussel said:
Actually Nintendo does have something to pare up with MGS and Halo 3....and thats Mario Galaxy....i know that theres ppl who used to like the Mario franchise but all of a sudden stopped liking it b/c of what happen with "Mario Sunshine", but all thats in the past, as of right now...Galaxy is shaping up to be a Triple-A title in my view. I dont know about anyone else....but i plan to stick with nintendo and not doubt what they do to make their games sell!!!

Ninty ppl are very tricky

no no no, you didnt get what i ment,

yes i my self am a huge mario fan

but in what i wrote, i ment a thrid party title, becuase there are alot of gamers out there that think that nintendo solely depend on mario, i mean, that nintendo needs a third party series that will wow audiences everywhere, like mgs and halo did, with a good, new and fresh third party series, alot of gamers out there might return to nintendo, nintendo really needs to pay attention to the "mature" audience, and they should keep the mario series going aswell, becuase mario is to me , the nintendo signature

Wii-Fi said:
^didn't you say that the MSG series were leaving sony?

no i said that mgs series is one of the third party jougenauts and that nintendo needs to make a third party series of their own that will compete well in that part of the buisness along with halo and mgs

Back