Wii is good..but...

How many time do i have to go through this...

There WILL be alot of violent games, some we know of, some we dont. I can think of some right now...

Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
Sadness
Manhunt 2 (360 and PS3 Wont get this)
Godfather: Blackhand
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Those are just SOME of the violent games coming to wii. The wii has just launched. give it some time. And The online feature will include alot of games...when you give it TIME.

Its not the case, i can tell you have not owned a gamecube. Metriod and zelda are no longer considerd "kiddie games." Plus nintendo is getting tons of M games. Red steel is just the tip of the ice bearg.

-look up prince of persia! best game ever!
-games don't have to be rated M to be fun. Only kids 12-15 look for that.(which dose make up mabey 35 percent of gaming population, but still.)

-micrsoft and sony can't make gmes for their little lives. Same old boring fansy graphix shooters (except for some games on ps2/3)

Hey everybody! Stop being little pussies! Im sure no one HAS to have violence to make a game enjoyable, they probably just think it is a little more realistic. I shoot you, you bleed. "you guys take your big mean violence elsewhere". I used to have shitty Mortal Kombat for SNES. I dont start whacking it everytime i see blood, but if I rip someones head off, well, you might as well have some blood drip out of the stump.

I am very content with the style of game that nintendo is releasing and it is true that they should spread out and have some "M" games (even though I dont play those) but nintendo has always been focused around fun and not violence which is one of the reasons I bought the wii.

Conan the Librarian said:
Hey everybody! Stop being little pussies! Im sure no one HAS to have violence to make a game enjoyable, they probably just think it is a little more realistic. I shoot you, you bleed. "you guys take your big mean violence elsewhere". I used to have shitty Mortal Kombat for SNES. I dont start whacking it everytime i see blood, but if I rip someones head off, well, you might as well have some blood drip out of the stump.

:yikes: You better not be insulting Mortal Kombat on the SNES! Lol, you have to admit, that is the best Mortal Kombat game EVER!

Some of the replies here makes me laugh... Are you guys 12 years old or what ?

TheDamned said:

A lot of 12 year olds do play games you know, so I wouldn't be surprised if people are 12 here. Does it matter?

TheDamned said:

its so easy to tell by the replies they make. i just skip over all the replies that i can't read.

Sometimes violence can make a game better - Like God of War. The game got me into a rage that made me want to destroy some stuff [in the game of course]

then there's GTA, which I don't like at all - it promotes violence in real life and shows gangs in a positive light.

But I love games that some might consider "kiddy" such as Chibi-robo

unluckylink13 said:
Sometimes violence can make a game better - Like God of War. The game got me into a rage that made me want to destroy some stuff [in the game of course]

then there's GTA, which I don't like at all - it promotes violence in real life and shows gangs in a positive light.

But I love games that some might consider "kiddy" such as Chibi-robo

How can you not like GTA? People that go kill people because of playing video games already have many problems. Enless your retarded or stoned you know the difference between real life and games, and if you don't then you should be in an asylum not playing video games.

I agree with a couple here about how you rate a game on fun not violence. GTA wasn't a sucsess because it was violent and gorey, it was popular because of such a large free roming environment ,and hours and hours of fun gameplay. Halo, sucsess because of M rating, NO!, successful because it defined the next gen (ps2, xbox, GC).

bubba-ga-nush said:
Remember most M rated games are the best ones out there. There usually the big game for the system.
Zelda, Mario, Sonic, Super Smash, Mario Kart/Sports games, Spiderman, Metriod Kindom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Rayman, WarioWare, Animal Crossing there's just as many good rated E-T games than there are M games.
Besides I find most M games like Halo/Fable should be Teen anyway.

1.) M rated games can be better sometimes. when i shoot some1 in a video game, i want them to bleed. I want lots of swearing, sexual/ drug/ alcohol reference, and violence in my games. Y? i can't answer that, i just do.

2.) sometimes E/T rated games are better. What they may lack in violence, they can sometimes make up for new, innovative gameplay and a great story.

so some ppl (including me) want violent video games. does that make us stupid? i don't think so.

All we want is for violent M rated games to make up at LEAST 25% of the video games released 4 the Wii. The problem we have is that, at best 10% of the video games coming out for the Wii are M rated. is it to much to ask? Heres how id like it to go:

25%=M
35%=T
40%=E

Back