Poor Graphics on Wii!

UkranianTractor said:
Add to that the fact that you'd need a high-def television to play it on. Look at the problems people are having reading the text on Dead Rising on SD televisions! I do think that Nintendo should have made the wii high-def compatible though.
Oh yeah Dead Rising was horrible. I gave up on reading it. I think Nintendo made a smart choice by holding off on the High Def for a while. Hopefully they will release HD eventually though

U dont need a high definition television to play ps3 on, u could play it just fine on a piece of crap with bunny ears. High def tv's just make the images sharper, thus...somewhat better graphics. Ps3 also has web browsing, online downloadable games, 7 player, blue tooh, blu ray, and some other stuff. Anyways ill stop talking so much about the ps3. Wii comes out this saturday are u guys excited?

Last edited:
darthbeaverxp said:
U dont need a high definition television to play ps3 on, u could play it just fine on a piece of crap with bunny ears. High def tv's just make the images sharper, thus...somewhat better graphics. Ps3 also has web browsing, online downloadable games, 7 player, blue tooh, blu ray, and some other stuff. Anyways ill stop talking so much about the ps3. Wii comes out this saturday are u guys excited?

you dont need a hi def to play ps3...unless you want to read the text in the game. they refined it so much that it becomes pixelated on a regular tv. Seriously, Google it!! i even saw a segment about that on G4! i think the PS3 will do great.....later. Sony launches almost always suck. i got a PS2 about a yr ago, and i love my PS2! But i know that the Wii is something "revolutionary" and its Graphics do look great in person (as someone said before dont believe the low res internet videos) and as with any system the graphics will progress as game makers get used to the system and gameplay (best camera angles and such).

do you remeber???

ABC said:
Whoa, those are some bold comments. Do you even own a 360 and have you played a Ps3?
Yes I own a 360 and yes the graphic are cool but I am proud to say the game play is a little lackin and for example look at PSU for 360 it looks like a souped up ps2. Don't even get me started on FFVI they should be ashame of themselves.I'm getting the Wii because I want something different not on a graphics standpoint, and it's early remember when we first saw TP playing on the gamecube? I personally didn't think the gamecube could hold that much power(not putting RE4 down it's still the best out there), but there it was and we ate it up.I look at it like this TP is my answer to Oblivion with all the quests and what not, another thing most people who played the elder scrolls will tell you that morrowind which the xbox have may lack in graphics but it's a hell of a lot longer than the current one. In closing I want something that will keep me coming back for more because after playing for a while your first od about the graphics with pass then and only then you will always look for the gameplay.:O

UkranianTractor said:
I wish I could say that I see a difference but I can't!

Then get better glasses 4-eyes, Wii has good enuff' graphics if the developers make it so. Metroid prime 3, Zelda and Red Steel are perfect examples of this.

look graphics are nice, but do not make playing a game fun, i mean cmon woo the game is pretty, but if it totally lacks gameplay, originallity and so many other characteristics which make a game great then what good are nice graphics. the 360 and ps3 are remakes of the originals, just more powerful. The playstation controller has not changed, it even lost its rumble feature. Nintendo is the god of consoles and thats all there is to it. The D-pad, came from nes. The shoulder button's came from SNES. The thumb-stick, came from N64, and now the Wii is revolutionizing the way games are played once again. What has sony or microsoft ever done to revolutionize gaming. Nothing other than make game look "pretty". So for anyone that worried about graphics go waste all ur money on a 360 or ps3, or better yet, u could build a PC that would out run them both for the price. Me? I'll stick with the Wii.

siksol said:
The D-pad, came from nes. The shoulder button's came from SNES. The thumb-stick, came from N64, and now the Wii is revolutionizing the way games are played once again. What has sony or microsoft ever done to revolutionize gaming.

Good point. your right, Nintendo is the father and now it will ask sony and microsoft "whose your daddy?" :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
You're just like every other noob gamer...where there's this conception that graphics takes priority for gaming. WRONG. I have played many games that looked great but played like ****. A lot of companies put a lot more effort in making a game look great but throw out the whole conception on GAMEPLAY. this is the most important part of gaming. I'd rather buy a game that I couldn't put down rather than buying a game that looks great, but I could beat it in 2 hours.

The perfect example is Gears of War. Looks great, but the fun wears off after the first half or so. Not only that, I was easily able to beat it in 3 hours on the hardest difficulty. Now, I'm done with it. Great game, but not worth 60 bucks. I bought smash bros melee 5 years ago. I still play that game religiously. Not only that, it has pretty sick textures ;)

wiiCrazy said:
Good point. your right, Nintendo is the father and now it will ask sony and microsoft "whose your daddy?" :lol:

im going to tell a couple at school this because not only did i lmao its the truth and people seem to forget where it all comes from.

Back