Video game graphics

Magami Kamui said:
i dont understand why Nintendo wouldnt even try to upgrade its graphics power closer to the competition. they can afford to sell it alot cheaper now but even then, its not going to be that much cheaper than xbox core.
The graphics dont look at all amazing, theyre very like Gamecube and was pretty disappointed. Zelda looks great and so does Mario, but maybe with stronger graphics they could have been alot better.

For gameplay as well, Wii games look a bit interesting, but i got alot more excited about Gears Of War(xbox) and Assassins Creed(ps3) than i did anything coming on Wii and probly anything that ever came out on GCN.
ive only ever had Nintendo but im seriously thinking of an xbox and ps3.
Only when its cheap enough though :p

Nintendo are making the wiis graphics better AT LEAST 2 times greater then the gamecubes. Nintendo have always maintained that their console will not be as powerful as the others and that is for a reason. I think its funny when people say, "well i don't reall like the wii but im getting it anyway cause its cheap", because its playing directly into nintendo's hands.

Nintendo shouldnt be playing anyone into their hands. basically they just need to create a run of really attractive games to get more people onto Nintendo

don't worry, the Wii is still in development. The Wii was powered by an updated Gamecube. and i also heard that it the graphics will be on par with Xbox 360 or maybe more.

Link of Arc said:
One of my greatest concerns is if the wii games will feature next gen games with awsome graphics and gameplay. But the wii games look very similar to the gamecube. Do you think they'll be much more advanced than the gamecube or similar or weaker?

hey man check out my thread. the wii will have a lot better graphics than the gcube.

dayat_dec said:
don't worry, the Wii is still in development. The Wii was powered by an updated Gamecube. and i also heard that it the graphics will be on par with Xbox 360 or maybe more.

No thats not true they said it will be as powerful as the Xbox not Xbox 360. Ill look for the link.

newbie, so trying not to put anyone out, but power is really incomparable seeing as the architecture is completely different, that being said the Hollywood graphics chip is new, we have yet to see what it is really gonna be able to produce. x-box and ps3 are big-end processing monsters. So was a kray computer back in the day, my little mac smacks it outta the water.
At the end of the day it's all relative, skill in software is the decider. we all know who has the heritage there. Wii is interesting thats more than can be said than for it's rivals.

Tell me... would you rather play a game of Pong for 10 hours, or Rockstar Games Presents: Table Tennis? Graphics do play a part... atleast with good graphics you aren't looking at 3 diffrent colors, and 4 sprites. Yes, the Wii is awsome, but you can't always argue the whole "Grafix r fur nubs!? GAMPLEY IS TEH RUXORZZ"

(Woohoo, 100th post!)

I think of graphics as a bonus rather than something which actually influences my decision to buy a game. Graphics on the Wii doesn't look nearly as good as on PS3 or 360 (which the makers themselves have admitted) yet the games still look nice.

Graphics don't really matter to me, what does matter is that nintendo have created a whole new revolution of gaming, if you ask me the whole style of the wii's gameplay puts it way ahead of the other consoles.

the-legend-of-zelda-twilight-princess-wii-version-20060607043213068.jpg
look at the detail on link

yeah, the graphics are amazing, can't wait to play TP, it's a huge step from MM's graphics to the ones in TP, gonna be strange

the graphics are great exept not as good as the 360 but who gives a stuff in my opinion super mario world is the greatest game ever and its only 16 bit

Back