Video game graphics

Yeah, the graphics on the Wii will be different. Look at it this way, the graphics on the Pixar movies are cartoonish and are stunning at the same time. The movies themselves are highly regarded from a critical standpoint as well and I know many adult movie buffs that love all the Pixar movies. Then look at Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. This movie went for photo-realistic graphics and they are also stunning. Obviously the two are different. The thing is though, the FF movie was largely panned by non-fans of the games. Critics hated it and it was unpopular with average Joe too. So there you have it. Sounds like a Wii vs. PS3/360 scenario a little.

IMO I think that some cube titles actually look better than that of a 360: Resident Evil 4 and Metroid Prime 1 + 2 are some examples...

I know that the 360 is quite early in, and games graphics get progressively better but graphics really dont matter to me. Dont forget that the Gamecube was the weakest in comparison to PS2 and XBox but Id still anyday rather go for a Cube, why? Cause of the games.

We ave nuthin to worry about, the Wii is already hugely popular right now as well. I am buying a PS3 and a Wii... (that is when the PS3 goes down in price)

...God Of War (PS3) that IS one game I will buy just for the graphics though :rolleyes:

People seem to have forgotten the true value of a game, they rely far too much on graphics and just don't care about the "wow factor" that Nintendo seems to produce time and time again! Well, I can always laugh at them ._.

:lol::lol:

Coming from someone who picked up a DS Lite BECAUSE of the Wii hype acting as a reminder of how fun Nintendo games are, I agree with MrJim. The fun is in the game and gameplay, not the graphics.

Thanks. I've recently painted the room a taupe-ish brown with a hint of green and installed bass traps and several acoustic panels. It really rocks. I had a high school friend who's since moved to Arizona over and we watched War of the Worlds. He had a wedding to go to this weekend but he's going to stop by again this week to watch King Kong before he leaves. Needless to say it should be called the SEG Theater for **** eating grins as that's usually what I see when I have friends and family over to watch something.

Yeah as long as the games have fun and sharp gameplay the graphics wont really matter. They are a plus for the Aww factor but its not what im worried about

Back