Japanese publishers focusing on Nintendo

Thundercun7

Banned
Jun 4, 2007
Wii Online Code
6847-9373-0836-0292
An article at Gamedailybiz spells out more bad news for Sony. Several large Japanese companies have publicly stated that they will be focusing on developing for Nintendo platforms while decreasing their focus on Sony platforms.

The report indicates that during fiscal 2007, Namco Bandai will boost its Nintendo lineup by 109 percent to 115 titles; Sega will increase its Nintendo offerings by 96 percent to 49 titles; and Capcom will bump up its Nintendo lineup by 5 percent to 20 titles. These same three publishers will also cut shipments of titles for Sony platforms (including PS3) by 30 to 40 percent.

Shipments of Nintendo titles are expected to total 26.88 million units in fiscal 2007 compared to 23.29 million units of Sony software. Capcom plans to significantly boost its Nintendo shipments by 81 percent to 4.7 million units, the report said.

At the moment the Wii is outselling the PS3 at 2:1 in the USA and 3:1 in Japan so it’s no wonder they are focusing on Nintendo.

Also Square Enix has said: “we have no plans to develop titles for the PS3 until sales improve enough to make the steep development costs financially worthwhile.”

Could this be the the end of the PS3? Probably not, but it’s certainly not going to help and it’s sure as heck not going to please the shareholders

ps3stock.png

So, does this mean that KH3 may (possibly) be devoloped for the Wii?

what about ff14, wii?

hmmm that would be pretty ick-ass, but for now i think im' going to go into the cc series

hmmm kingdom hearts probably has ahigh chance of getting on the wii too

score

Hiii, can any of you add me 2548-1852-1916-1615
and tell me your Mii codee =)

Back