Just Dance Hangs Wii

lagu2653

WiiChat Member
Jan 20, 2010
I gave my nephew the game "Just Dance" (the Swedish version) for Christmas. After a few days he complained that the game hung with vertical dotted lines on the right hand side of the screen. The sound also hung on one note and the screen froze. He had to unplug the console to be able to restart the game. There was no other way to do it. I went over there and found out that they had never updated the console software. (It had never been connected to the internet.) It had the same software, which it had when they bought it 2-3 years ago. So I made it connect to their WLAN router and updated the software to the latest version. After that it seemed to work fine for a few days. Now he complains again that it sometimes hangs in the same manner. (he has to unplug it) Not as commonly as before, but it happens (especially in the first song "Girls just wanna have fun" with Cindy Lauper). They went back to the store and got a new disc, but the behaviour is still the same.

Did something happen during the crashes, which happened before the software was updated, which damaged the console?

Take it back and get a better game

Mine hasn't had any hanging issues. After I read your post I went back and tried the Lauper song and there wasn't any hanging on it. Maybe something DID happen prior to or during the update, I don't know. Maybe try erasing all game save data and try playing it absolutely fresh? I don't know if that would make a difference, but perhaps it's all just a save corruption issue.

Back