Just played Zelda for the 1st time!

Ozweego

WiiChat Member
Dec 15, 2006
So I went out and finally rented Zelda for the first time last night, I was actually going to buy it, but decided a rental would be the best idea first.

The game opens and looks really good, also the game play is easy and fun. I am not very far yet, but these are my initial reactions. However, I am very disappointed with the Audio, could they not have invested in some Audio Dialogue, really, I think that would have made the game 100 times better. Especially in scenes when characters make that god awful noise.

Its not that I don’t mind the reading, but this is a NexGen console, leave the reading for the NES version. This has really put a black mark on my intentions on buying a copy, I just can't do it now. I'll play for another couple of days until it is due back, and then Zelda is a thing of the past.

It’s a shame to see something so simple ruin an otherwise great game.

If that’s the case, then what the hell is up with the sudden outburst at the beginning of some conversations? Sounds ridiculous!!!

zelda is a great game, ive played them all, i would never let something like audio ruin it for me.

Having audible dialouge is... Well.
A tradition.

It's like if Nintendo made a Wii 2.
It's just not like them, nor would it fit very well.

All of us that grew up on Zelda would be utterly shocked and appalled(sp?), for all we've heard from Link was grunts and yells.

Though, I could see other characters getting audio dialogue... But not likely.

I just wish, they would have gone one way or the other. Having characters yell "Heyyyy", just a little to wierd for me, but it is humorous.

im glad.. they obviously could do it if they wanted.. i also think it would ruin some of the game if link talked... i would be pissed

I'm guessing you've never played zelda for nes and beyond, it was all talking in text..atleast we get the little "Heyyy"'s now lol. Thats a big improvement. But yea it would be cool if they spoke, but thats not Zelda's thing. Everyone knows they have to read more than play zelda ;P. And anyways, If it were just talking you might miss a word or two and your screwed. I love the game. And I think you'll love it by day 3.

Ozweego said:
The game opens and looks really good, also the game play is easy and fun. I am not very far yet, but these are my initial reactions. However, I am very disappointed with the Audio, could they not have invested in some Audio Dialogue, really, I think that would have made the game 100 times better. Especially in scenes when characters make that god awful noise.

NOOOOO! LINK cant talk! he just cant! It would just be too weird, I hope they keep the text dialoge forever, it keeps zelda different from other games.

It is very likely a decision based on keeping the "feel" of Zelda traditional.

The "heeyyyy" and Midna's chatter is awesome, lets you hear how the character would sound, without ruining the tradition of text convo.

For me, I wouldn't have it any other way. If I want full dialog in an RPG I'll play Oblivion, eq2, etc... (which eventually I end up just reading faster than they talk, and click next anyway.)

I would love to see this Zelda game with audio. But then, it would be more like FF games... and no zelda... I think I like it more without audio dialogues. But m8, honestly, give the rent back and go buy it. Its the best Zelda out there. If u had played other Zelda games in a younger age, believe me you would feel it just.... natural. For me, player who havent experiened a good Zelda game like Ocarina of time in their childhood, have missed some great feelings... Anyway just go buy that game, not to mention you ll need more days to finish it resulting in more money to pay ^^

if link spoke besides his HIYAAA OHH and AARRGGHH, lol, i would kill myself, or just be like "aw balls :("

Back