Kid Icarus - Passwords

I can remember taking my entire 8bit NES system over to my grandma's to play. This was so cool...my cousin, 8 months older than myself, and I were hanging out in the same room as my Mother and her Mother...they were occupied doing their thing with their "old fashioned" card games while we had the latest in our own "virtual reality" machine. The spikes...I clearly recall standing on the spikes that rose out of the floor laughing as they took our life away while we said, in a very 11 year old way, "That's right up my alley!" Then we would giggle and jump into the pool of life and recharge our hearts and do it all over again...
No. I don't think it was SO hard but it was challenging and I remember it taking awhile to complete it.
I'm glad that the old passwords don't work. No I don't still have them but I can remember like six pages of passwords on graphpaper that my mom had written down very neatly because my handwriting wasn't (still isn't)the greatest and I didn't want to get it wrong because they were SO long.
Look out for the eggplants my friends...look out...

orionstar11 said:
I can remember taking my entire 8bit NES system over to my grandma's to play. This was so cool...my cousin, 8 months older than myself, and I were hanging out in the same room as my Mother and her Mother...they were occupied doing their thing with their "old fashioned" card games while we had the latest in our own "virtual reality" machine. The spikes...I clearly recall standing on the spikes that rose out of the floor laughing as they took our life away while we said, in a very 11 year old way, "That's right up my alley!" Then we would giggle and jump into the pool of life and recharge our hearts and do it all over again...
No. I don't think it was SO hard but it was challenging and I remember it taking awhile to complete it.
I'm glad that the old passwords don't work. No I don't still have them but I can remember like six pages of passwords on graphpaper that my mom had written down very neatly because my handwriting wasn't (still isn't)the greatest and I didn't want to get it wrong because they were SO long.
Look out for the eggplants my friends...look out...

That's funny...and I'm also glad the old ones don't work. Gives everybody a chance to start the game new and puts everybody on equal ground.

I'm at the second dungeon...man is it hard to remember where everything is...especially when I'm trying to find the @#!$%&* hospital because I'm a walking eggplant.

Challenging is a good word. You definitely had to put in some time to get through the game, which is part of why I think I remember the game so fondly.

I remember nothing of the 8 or so hours it took me to beat Strider...some games are real throw-aways, others are classics...

Back