Kid Icarus sequel due in 2008

CocoSSBB

Pikachu
Feb 25, 2008
New Jersey
At the 12:42 mark of the Nintendo Voice Chat: Episode 1, IGN editor Matt Casamassina said, "We do know that game exists," referring to the rumored return of Kid Icarus on Wii. Previously, Cassamassina assured fans the game would "absolutely" arrive in 2008.

Last week, Nintendo president Reggie Fils-Aime promised "a big game" that would be revealed at this year's E3. "All I can tell you is what we announce during E3 is gonna be fantastic," he told Game Trailers TV. "The gamer is gonna be excited, and the expanded audience is gonna be excited."

In 2007, IGN's Cassamassina spread internet rumors of an unreleased Halo DS game, which he later confirmed in a video amid widespread doubt.

Kid Icarus (1987 for NES) is widely regarded as one of the greatest games of all time. The game successfully combines elements of Nintendo's three biggest franchises -- Zelda, Mario, and Metroid -- in that lead character Pit can "jump like Mario, collect items like Link, and shoot enemies like Samus." Pit (pictured) was most recently featured in Super Smash Bros. Brawl for Wii.

Source

halo for ds?kid icarus for wii?it sounds obviusly great!thanks for the info

That's cool and all, but I'm not so certain that's the big announcement that Reggie's talking about. I could be wrong, but I'm fairly certain that he's talking about something with a wider audience.

I haven't met many people who know about Kid Icarus, and now he's pretty much only known because he's in Brawl. It makes sense that they would choose now to unveil a sequel, with his newfound fame, but I don't think it's enough to really excite a great deal of people.

I'll probably buy the sequel, when it does arrive, but I'm hoping that a new Zelda title is announced. :D

Yeah, I was more excited that they're going to announce "a big game", but the Kid Icarus game should be good too.

Should be interesting to see where they take the franchise after a 20 year hiatus.

Yup. I didn't get a very good feel of the game, since I only played it as a masterpiece in Brawl, so I'm pretty much open to anything.

Also, Reggie's good with marketing...if he says there's going to be a big game announced, I would assume it would be something that a lot of people are eagerly anticipating, not a title that targets little more than a handful of older video gamers or diehard Nintendo fans.

Deospawn said:
Yup. I didn't get a very good feel of the game, since I only played it as a masterpiece in Brawl, so I'm pretty much open to anything.

Also, Reggie's good with marketing...if he says there's going to be a big game announced, I would assume it would be something that a lot of people are eagerly anticipating, not a title that targets little more than a handful of older video gamers or diehard Nintendo fans.
true,im gonna search for this "big game"

Deospawn said:
I haven't met many people who know about Kid Icarus, and now he's pretty much only known because he's in Brawl. It makes sense that they would choose now to unveil a sequel, with his newfound fame, but I don't think it's enough to really excite a great deal of people.
WHAT!?! How old are these people you speak of? Kid Icarus was one of the best games for the original NES!

It is widely believed the rumored title is going to be a new Zelda game.

As for Kid Icarus, thats great. Something else to look forward to this year if it does indeed come out this year, as well Factor 5 was believed to be making this game?..saying things like maxing out the Wii's hardware etc. Something I am really looking forward to.

Doesn't seem like that little quote confirms anything, sounds like another rumor that we will have to see how it plays out. Though many people were predicting a Kid Icarus game could be possible since Nintendo ups and decides to include Pit in SSBB as if hinting it.

Edit: btw what are you talking about Halo for DS. That game was cancelled a while back...

Last edited:
OMG! Megaman! That has to be one of the best games ever! THERE is a game I would love to see a remake of.

lattes said:
OMG! Megaman! That has to be one of the best games ever! THERE is a game I would love to see a remake of.

what do you mean remake of? lol Megaman still has games coming out is still a pretty popular franchise. He's spawned multiple sub-franchises like X and Zero as well as Battle Network or w/e its called. I don't really get how you would remake the original megaman game. I would be fine with them just releasing it on VC here in America for christ's sake.

also i think the new Kid Icarus game would be sweet. i mean, why would you include Pit in the biggest wii game yet if there wasn't something bigger planned for him? there is literally like 2 kid icarus games ever, the latest one is around 20 years old just like the first (it was made on the original gameboy) and i think now is a perfect time. i mean, unlike all the other brawl characters, Pit has never been in a video game in the post 8-bit world really so you wouldn't think they would go through all the trouble of trying to basically re-create some iconic angelic kid with a bow and arrow. pretty bit task if something huge isn't planned

i think the new kid icarus game could/should be epic!

I am actually really excited to see a new Kid Icarus game coming out, seeing as I just downloaded the old one on VC and haven't stopped playing it since.

Torin said:
I am actually really excited to see a new Kid Icarus game coming out, seeing as I just downloaded the old one on VC and haven't stopped playing it since.

yeah its pretty sweet

my only gripe is the one-life system...lol

but thankfully you get to restart at the level your on rather than restart from the first one

Back