Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

KWORLD VGA Box Review

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii Hardware' started by astrophysicist, Mar 20, 2007.

1. astrophysicist

astrophysicist WiiChat Member

Hey all. If you're like me and in college, where TVs take too much money and space to even be an option, you've probably looked for a decent VGA box that won't cost too much. Well, about a month ago I posted here that I would be getting a box soon and would post a review as soon as I had enough time to form a proper opinion about it. So, here goes nothing...

Here is the box in question, on Newegg.
    KWORLD VGA Interface Video Device: $56.99

First off, the Video:
    It's video is, simply put, great for the price. I have my PS2 plugged in via S-Video and my Wii through Component. Both look exactly like they would on a decent TV. It supports High/Enhanced Definition up to 1080i (which, of course, includes the Wii's 480p output). Like I said, it looks wonderful, and sure beats buying an HDTV. As for the VGA pass through when it's off, I can't tell a significant difference between the box and directly hooking up my computer to the monitor.

Next, the Audio:
    Basically, it's a simple RCA to 1/8 inch stereo jack converter. Nothing fancy, especially if you have a decent audio setup. But if that's the case, you can just hook it up directly. But, once again, in the no-frills college environment, it works fine for hooking up computer speakers to the console. No significant noise, unlike the couple other boxes I've tried. The computer pass through seems a bit more flaky, especially if you turn up the volume too loud. Still, not bad.

Overall:
    It's a great deal for the price. I now have no interest in getting a TV while at college, especially since this has a built in tuner, which was, for me, originally a mere bonus feature.

I know this whole post has sounded like a cheap plug, but I'm being totally honest and fair with this.

Let me know any questions you may have, I'll try and answer as best I can.

2. wii.thao

wii.thao WiiChat Member

Thanks. Been looking for a way to do this. Will have to give it a try.

3. wii_cammy

wii_cammy Banned

Wii Friend Code: 7340-2535-0641-6266
    7340-2535-0641-6266
    oh yesah
    (lol this isnt a bump)