Laggy as i need help

Nescibro

WiiChat Member
Apr 5, 2009
i recently bought SSMB and i was dieing to play online so when i hooked up my wii to my wireless modem it lagged like you would never imagine i used wolf and the enemies Projectiles went straight through my reflectors!!!

Plz help
im using a Iprimus Speedtouch wireless modem

Did you read Nintendo's site for this? They have game specific info.
Basically you need to port forward only the wii IP address. If you need help ask Ill walk you through it or go to Ninetendos site.
Also change the channel on the router. If its on 6 try 1 or 11.
There should be no other pc on at same time you brawl online. Lame but ..... its the way they designed it.
I got disconnected alot. I had to remove any cordless phone. If it rang goodbye game lol.
I have a 10 to 12,000 Mbps download and still dc'd. The lines shouldnt be all rolled up and on top of electrical cord.
Microwave close by? Yep dont use it either.
What controller do you use?
wii-mote is laggy as heck. Try Gamecube controller.
Royal pain but I had to do all that then it was virtually lag free.

start by getting the usb lan adapter and hard wiring... wireless itself is slow as hell.

Never meant that they did. Just stating the obvious. A hard wired connection is capable over over twice the speed of wireless, and you eliminate wireless interference. Wireless is definitely far more convenient depending on your setup, and for most users, completely acceptable.

I actually use wireless myself. I had a LOT of issues with it initially, but all of my problems seemd to go away, once I set a dedicated IP address, and stopped using DHCP. Before that, I had to reset my router every singe day to get a connection each time I used my Wii. That all went away.

Back