problems with connecting wii through AOL modem

blackcherr

WiiChat Member
Oct 3, 2007
Ok, as the title suggests,I'm currently having problems connecting my wii. i just went wireless, and my partner made us go AOL. the problem i am having is that i can't seem to connect to the internet, even though my wii can pick up the signal and ive put in the right codes. has anyone had similar problems and knows how to resolve this as the wii site assumes that you are using internet explorer and not AOL, so most of the options and instructions don't apply to me!

For those with the need for helpful information, im using AOL version 9.0 and im using a speedtouch 585 v6 modem. Please help!

Try proxy server

Try a proxy server called proxyi .

My friend has AOL DSL and can only access AOL through each computer when that specific computer logs into AOL through the AOL dialer, regardless that we are on a wired router.

Essentially, once you log one of the computers into the AOL connection, you will be using that computer as a "middleman" to access the internet via AOL.

Please note that he has a US version Wii, but we are in Europe, and can access every Wii channel except for the Wii shop, because it is apparently region encoded. I'm trying to find a way to spoof the IP address to make it work, and ran across your question.

If you're using the correct version for your region, hopefully this will help.

The proxy server is very easy to use, just install it, and click "ok" or whatever in the configurations menu that appears (making sure you are connected to AOL).

Then, on the Wii, go into internet settings, tell it to use a proxy, and enter the IP address of the computer using the proxy, with the port number 6588

Back